twenty

Boston~

Olivia gets home an hour after I do, a small smile on her face. She doesn't say anything to me before she just wraps her arms around me. I have no idea what's going on.

"How was work?" Olivia's asks, talking into my jaw.

"It was good. I miss you being there though. Who else am I supposed to bother when I get bored." I chuckle, as she pushes away.

"Oh sorry, I guess I didn't think about that." She confesses.

"How about you?" I ask her. She smiles.

"It was good."

"You seem extra happy today." I tell her.

"I'm just in a good mood I guess. I'm gonna go change, and then we can talk."

"Okay." I hide my smile, knowing exactly what she's about to walk in on.

Roses lay on her bed, a brand new pair of my newest shoes, and a new custom dress. I sit in the kitchen, waiting for her to come back out. I have a question to ask her. I pray that she'll say yes.

"I hate you," Is the first thing she says to me when she comes back down the hall. The smile on her face makes me relax.

"I try my best, really." I joke back.

"What's this all for?" She asks me.

"Well I wanted to ask you," I pull her in by her waist. "If you would go to that banquet with me next week?" She fakes a smile, which breaks a little piece of my heart.

"Oh god,"

"What?"

"God Boston I am so sorry... Greyson uh," She looks away. "He beat you to it."

"Oh,"

"I'll still be there, I just won't get to go with you." She reassures me.

My heart sinks deep into my chest. I knew I should have asked her earlier. I guess what they say is true; The early bird gets the worm.

"It's okay. There's always next time." I fake a smile, mainly to hide the disappointment I feel.

"Right. Don't take it too personally though. I know how you are." She trails a finger down my chest. My mind is screaming at me yes.

"I won't." I lie, stepping away from her.

My door slams, whether I intended it or not. I guess I thought that Olivia would be mine to take to banquets forever. Now, I feel like I don't even know her anymore. Theres something going on between her and Greyson, and it is my soul goal to figure out what it is.