xii|happy f*cking halloween

» Anna Sun, by WALK THE MOON«
0:00 ─〇───── 5:23
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

» Anna Sun, by WALK THE MOON«0:00 ─〇───── 5:23⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"𝓌𝑒'𝓇𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓇𝓊𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝑔𝒽𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝑜𝓌𝓃."

≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡

I shift the sheet on my head, giggling uncontrollably like a little kid. I feel for Dustin's face blindly, nearly poking his eyes out. I haphazardly place the sunglasses on his face.

"Watch the eyes, man! I don't need no eyes and no teeth!" he whines.

I hush his complaints. "You are going to blow our cover,"

I press my ear against Mom's bedroom door. I can hear her close her dresser drawer. The bottom right one, where she keeps her pants.

"She's dressed," I whisper in a rush. "get ready."

We press ourselves against the wall, doing our best to blend in and hold in our laughter. The door swings open, and we pounce, shouting and flailing our arms about.

"BOO!" we say in unison.

Mom screams in terror, dropping her purse with a loud thud.

Dustin and I pull the sheets off, dropping to the floor in hysterical laughter.

"Lord almighty, children! You scared me half to death!" Mom exasperates.

"Happy Halloween, mom!" Dustin beams proudly. I snort.

Mom shakes her head. "You two are a bad influence on each other," she complains jokingly, picking her purse up from the ground.

A honk outside reminds me to check the clock on the wall.

"Oh shit, gonna be late. I have to go. Love you guys!" I rush out, dashing into my bedroom.

"Language!" Mom reminds.

I toss the sheet onto my bed, grabbing my backpack off the couch. I keep the sunglasses on me, tucking them behind my ears and on top my my head.

I run out the door. Steve honks at me again. "God, how many times can one person be late?" he complains like a dad. Nancy playfully slaps his arm.

"Shut it, Harrington." I retort, getting into the backseat.

Steve floors the gas, back out of my driveway, and speeds up the road. I clutch onto Nancy's headrest, holding on for dear life.

Steve and Nancy begin to discuss Steve's college applications. I'm surprised Steve is even trying to go to college. I suspect he's only attending to appease his father.

"I'm sorry, Steve, but... the essay just didn't make any sense," Nancy says sweetly. I admire her for trying to let him down easily.

"What? It made sense!" Steve rejects. I roll my eyes. Nothing that comes out of Steve Harrington's brain makes any sense. I contemplate telling him such, but decide to stay out of their little argument.