Chapter 5 - A Change of Setting

The brown hedgehog was sleeping peacefully in a bed while Sonic and Sally observe her.

They had only just got back from Eggman's lair, but she still hasn't woken up yet.

Sonic, who was just about to lose his patience, groaned in anticipation.

"How much longer do we have to wait?"

"This will take time, Sonic." said Sally, "She's been through a lot so she needs her rest."

"Yeah, I know, but maybe we can just-"

Sally then gave Sonic her "death stare", which silenced him immediately.

Suddenly, as if she had heard them, the brown hedgehog began to wake up...

~~~

Adora slowly began to wake up as she found herself in a new place.

It looked like a cottage interior, but she wasn't too sure.

Wait, how did she even get here?

The last thing she remembered was seeing a strange blue hedgehog.

Did he bring her here?

She looked to her side to find that same hedgehog alongside a female chipmunk.

Adora sat up from the bed and backed into the wall.

What are they going to do to me? she thought.

The chipmunk noticed she was starting to panic again, so she tried reassuring her.

"Hey, hey! It's alright! We won't hurt you!"

Adora was still scared.

Should she even trust these two?

"Hey, why don't we introduce ourselfs?" said the blue hedgehog, "I'm Sonic! Sonic the Hedgehog!"

"And I'm Sally Acorn!" said the chipmunk, "Don't worry! You're safe now!"

Adora started to calm down a little, but she couldn't fully trust them quite yet.

"Say, how about you tell us your name?" said Sonic, "Y'know, so we know what to call you?"

Adora remained quiet for a moment, but then she whispered out her name.

"A-Adora..."

Sonic smiled at her.

"Nice! Cute name!"

Adora couldn't help but blush at this.

She hasn't met a lot of nice people during her lifetime, so this was a bit special to her.

"Well, since you're awake now, I'm gonna go hang with the others!" Sonic said as he approached the door.

"See ya, guys!"

And just like that, Sonic was gone.

Adora and Sally were the only ones left in the room now.

That's when Sally sat on a stool next to the bed and began to speak.

"I'm going to ask you some questions now, okay?"

~~~

Sonic, Tails, and Amy were outside of the cottage waiting for Sally to finish her questionare.

"I really do hope that girl is alright!" said Amy, "What she went through was probably traumatizing for her!"

"I'm sure she's alright, Amy!" said Tails, "She's with us now!"

"Besides," Sonic began, "Even if Eggman manages to take her again, we'll just kick his butt!"

Tails nodded in response.

"Yeah, I guess you're right!" said Amy.

At that moment, Sally came out of the cottage and walked over to the others.

"So how is she, Sal?" asked Sonic as she approached them.

"She's still a little shaken up from the whole thing, but other than that, she seems to be doing fine!"

"That's good!" said Amy with a sigh of relief.

"She's going to be resting at my place until she can at least get back up on her own." Sally continued, "We also have to find a way to find a way to get her back into her human body!"

She then turned to Sonic.

"Sonic, do you mind helping her out around here?"

Sonic smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up.

"You can count on me, Sal!"