Chapter 6 - Welcome to Knothole Village

Adora woke up the next morning feeling a little better than she did yesterday.

She turned her head to see Sally bringing in breakfast on a silver tray.

It mostly contained assorted fruits and nuts, alongside some yogurt with berries.

"You're probably hungry after all that happened," she said placing the tray down, "Go ahead! Eat up!"

Adora looked at the tray with a worried look on her face.

"Oh, don't worry! It's not poisoned or anything like that!" Sally reassured her, "I'm not like Eggman!"

Adora then decided to trust her and ate her food.

It was actually pretty yummy compared to other foods she's eaten during her lifetime.

Sally went over to the closet and placed an orange t-shirt along with a pair of jeans and other necessary clothing onto the bed.

"I didn't think you'd want anything fancy to wear, so I got you some clothes that looked comfortable!" she explained as she laid them out, "But really, I'm sure anything else is more comfortable than what you're wearing right now!"

Adora looked down at her rags, noticing how rough it was on her skin.

"You can come out whenever you're ready!" Sally said as she exited the cottage.

That's when she closed the door, and Adora was once again alone.

She couldn't help but think about how nice everyone is being to her ever since they rescued her.

Maybe she could have a new life here?

Suddenly, she heard a voice in her head.

"Focus, Adora!" it said, "You're here to spy on them, not make friends!"

Adora let out a sigh.

Of course her father implanted a manual override within her new body.

I hope this isn't consistent... she thought.

She then got up from the bed to get ready.

~~~

Adora left the cottage and was immediately taken aback by her surroundings.

The cottage she came out of was from a tree with a large circular platform underneath.

In front of her was a bridge leading to another platform on another tree.

It was the same for every other tree in the gigantic forest.

Across from the bridge were Sally and Sonic.

They seemed to be chatting about something.

Sally turned around and waved at Adora with a bright smile on her face, signaling for her to come over.

Adora was a little nervous about crossing the bridge, but she toughened up and took her steps.

She was halfway across when she started to lose her balance. 

But before she could fall, she felt someone catch her by the waist.

It was Sonic.

Adora's face flushed as he held her.

"You okay?" he asked.

She nodded her head while adverting her gaze from him.

Sonic then helped her across the the bridge and met up with Sally.

"I guess you're still not exactly used to your new body yet, huh?" asked Sonic.

Adora looked down at her feet, still feeling a bit shaken from the fall.

"Jeez, Sonic!" said Sally, "How many times do I have to tell you to not overwhelm her?"

Sonic let out a nervous chuckle.

"Anyways," said Sally as she turned back to Adora, "Welcome to Knothole, Adora! Sonic will be showing you around today, so we hope you enjoy your stay!"

Sonic then placed an arm around Adora and smiled.

"I can't wait to show you my favorite places!"