Chapter 1 - Loss

Adora Robotnik sat on the staircase of her house. 

It had been 3 days since her mother's funeral, and she was living alone.

That is, until he arrived.

The large mustached man, known as Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, ended up being her father due to their DNA being almost the same.

Adora sat in his EggCarrier as he drove it to his lair.

"I'm telling ya kid," he began, "You're going to LOVE this place! I have all KINDS of robots! And, once I take over the world, you'll be like a princess! I mean, girls like princesses, right?"

Adora didn't reply.

Tears fell from her blue eyes as she watched the clouds float by, the wind flowing through her mahogany brown hair.

She looked totally lost in thought.

Eggman was concerned, but he tried to shrug it off.

He didn't have time to worry about such nonsense.

Besides, he has a world to conquer!

That's when he noticed land in the horizon.

"Oh! We're here!"

~~~

As Eggman landed the EggCarrier, Orbot and Cubot hovered over to their location.

Eggman climbed out and took in a deep breath.

"Ah! Lair sweet lair!"

"Welcome home, docter!" said Orbot with a robotic smile.

"C'mon, boss!" said Cubot as he pushed Orbot aside, "Let's see the kid already!"

That's when Eggman opened the door to let Adora out.

She slowly climbed out with her belongings and placed them on the ground.

"Woah! She looks like you, but prettier!" said Cubot in awe.

"And that's really saying something, you know, since he's ugly!" Orbot whispered to Cubot.

Eggman growled at them.

"You're lucky I'm in a good mood today, OR ELSE I'D HAVE THE BOTH OF YOU SCRAPPED!!!"

The two robots began to panic as he yelled at them.

Adora somewhat chuckled at this.

At least things weren't as boring as she thought they would be!

She pulled out a photo of her mother that she kept with her.

Her blond hair in a single braid, her emerald green eyes sparkling as she smiled...

God I miss her...