Prologue

Jennie grabs her appletini from the bartender and pays it immediately

Jennie grabs her appletini from the bartender and pays it immediately. She decided to just drink one glass and that's it. Although this wedding is stressful, she is just trying to keep sober because tomorrow she will make a presentation for her first skyscraper she made for a bank in New York.

"Beer and two shots of tequila please." she heard a man beside her telling the bartender. It's a wedding reception, not a twenty-first party. Why does this guy have to order so many drinks? He really wants to get drunk.

Once the bartender served him the drinks, he immediately drank two shots of tequila in one go and he grabbed his beer bottle and gulped it too. Jennie looked at him confused. Is this guy going through with something? Did he suppose to not get invited to this wedding but he's going anyway? Maybe he has a relationship with the bride? He's her ex?

"Okay, now I feel like you are judging me." The guy suddenly spoke. She didn't notice that he noticed Jennie was looking at him with surprise.

"Oh, I'm sorry I'm just confused, this is a wedding and it should be a happy moment but it turns out someone in here is being stressful." Jennie said honestly.

The guy just chuckled. His laugh is deep and hoarse, she thinks it's sexy. His smile is also unique, uniquely hot.

"Not when you know a dark secret between this wedding." He said.

Jennie seems intrigued and suddenly takes a step closer beside him, making him startled by her sudden move. "What is it? I like gossip." She whispered and smirked to him. She brought her appletini with her.

The guy laughs even louder when he sees her really interested in what he just said. "What side are you on? The bride or the groom?"

"None." Jennie said. The guy was just confused.

"Are you a wedding crasher?", "No.", "Then, why are you here?" He asked again.

"My friend plays the harp. She's nervous because it's her first wedding gig so I accompany her." She said Jennie pointed to her friend, Hoyeon, who played the harp on the stage while everyone was dancing.

"Oh that's interesting then, since you don't recognize anyone here, I guess I should tell you something." The guy said.

Suddenly, he leaned his head towards her ear and moved his lips closer to her earlobe. "The groom knocked up some girl a week ago. He specifically knocked up the stripper."

Jennie widens her eyes but not because of what she just heard. His breath tingling on her ear makes her body shiver because his deep voice is clear to her ear. It's like a rhythm to every word he says.

When the guy stood back from her, he saw Jennie's shocked face but he thought it's because of the news. "I know, right? It's mind blowing." He said.

Jennie comes back to her senses when he speaks again. "Huh? Yeah, oh god! If it's an ex that's bad but makes sense. Stripper? It's a whole other thing and much lower than an ex, it's practically the lowest thing anyone ever did." She said, "Were you there with him?" She asked again.