Chapter 5

When Jennie and Taehyung go back to the ballroom, the auction is finished and they start the dining

When Jennie and Taehyung go back to the ballroom, the auction is finished and they start the dining. There's a band and the dance floor opens, people start approaching the center and dance.

"Hey guys, sorry for the way I act." Taehyung pulled Jennie's chair and let her sit first. "That's fine, thank you Jennie for bringing him back." His mom who sits across from her smiles and wink at her. Jennie is blushing and just nods, his mom is really nice.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Jennie, this is Minji, my little sister." Minji who sits beside his mom turns around. She is a shy girl and for the entire event she just keeps focusing on the stage. She's not getting used to the new people at the family table.

"Hello, my name is Minji." She waves her hand shyly but Jennie just chuckles because she acts so cute. "Hi, Minji. I'm Jennie Kim. by the way, I love your long black hair. Are there any hacks I should do to get such beautiful hair?"

Minji is blushing even more with the compliment, she brushes her hair with her fingers shyly. "Ah, uhm, I'm not a fan of hairstyling. I keep it healthy by staying away from any hair tools and brushing it every night then braiding it before bed."

"Oh yes, Minji is really taking care of her hair that well. She's not allow our hairstyling to curl or straighten her hair, she prefers to updo it if necessary." Her mom added while caressing Minji's head.

Jennie tilts her head a bit, they have their own hairstyling. It's her dream to have her own beauty team someday. Kinda like a Kardashian.

While there's a couple people dancing in the center, the waitresses serve the food to the table. They serve a four meal course. For starters, it is called Torchon of Foie Gras. It's Rhubarb and sourdough. And the second, there's a french onion soup that Jennie doesn't like at all. It literally tastes like an onion only, without any broth taste or anything.

Jennie grinned once she tasted it, unfortunately Taehyung noticed it. "It tastes bad, doesn't it?"

"Huh? Uhm, kinda. I mean it is called french onion soup just to make it fancier, but for real. . . it's just eating an onion." Jennie said bitterly. She just bluntly said it to him and kept it real by eating it with a sour face all around her face.

Taehyung chuckled because she was just being honest like that and of course, she's not even hide her reaction. "You're cute." Taehyung whispered to make Jennie stop for a moment when her spoon was already in front of her mouth ready to slurp it.

She turned her face to him and squinted her eyes. "You can't casually say that, I'm about to eat and you're gonna make me choke." Jennie protested.

"But you are beautiful, Jennie." Taehyung looked at her deeply while brushing a couple strands of her hair again. He keeps looking at her hair and smiles softly, Jennie can't lie she just got spelled under those sweet sincere smiles.

When they're in the main course, Namjoon, who hosted the auction, recently came to the table. "Hey guys." He looks at Taehyung immediately and suddenly Jennie can see there's a tense vibe between them and it gets a little awkward when Namjoon stands beside her, so she's in the middle of this tension.