Chapter 3

Jennie stretches her hands up in the air while whining really big

Jennie stretches her hands up in the air while whining really big. She checks the time. It's nine p at night. She passes the work hours, she's in the office since nine in the morning.

Should she bring her drawing home? But she doesn't want to be haunted by it that makes her up all night. She learned her lesson in her first year as an architect. It's her first project, she should rebuild a law firm's library. She realizes she has this OCD habit when she can stay up all night when she sees something not sitting right, either it's too narrow or flat or it's just dirty and it can be cleaned up tomorrow.

Since then, Hyoyeon, who's been with her ever since they got a job at the same time, never allows Jennie to borrow her project home or else she won't be sleeping. First week, she never sleeps even though her drawing or scale model is in the office. Jennie kept thinking what should she fix once she gets to the office, is it the tree? The color of water is too bright? Or the building isn't tall enough? It still kept her all night until Suga got transferred there, and he purposely put a sleeping pill into a powder to her water. She gets home so sleep, he had to drive her and put her to bed. No one ever told her, even Hyoyeon, that against it, but if somebody told her, she might use it regularly and it would become an addiction.

Since then, she thought if she didn't sleep at eleven or twelve o'clock at night, it's odd because she usually sleeps at that time, so Jennie tried so hard to train herself to sleep until it became a habit.

"Go home." Suga warned. He popped out between the partitions that separate their tables. "I'm about to." Jennie said as she stood up and started gathering her things.

Suga observes what she does, making her feel nervous with his glare at her bag. "Are you aiming to steal something from my bag?" Jennie asked.

"No, I just want to make sure you don't bring your drawing home." Jennie rolled her eyes, she knew what he meant. "I'm not going to. Calm down, DAD! I will go to sleep at twelve."

"Eleven." Suga corrected, but Jennie insisted. "Twelve."

"Ten thirty.", "Eleven thirty.", "Eleven fifteen."

"Fine!" Jennie gave up.

On the way to the lobby she kept thinking, what should she do at home. Should she take a bubble bath? To pamper herself and celebrate her achievement. Should she rearrange the architect books to make it more artsy? She doesn't want to sell it, it's pretty enough to make her room more alive. Maybe there's a movie she can catch on, she wants to stop at the grocery store to buy some popcorn.

"Hey, jen!", "Jesus Christ!" Jennie jolted and put her hand on her chest while closing her eyes. She feels like having a heart attack.

"Sorry." She recognizes immediately who the voice belongs to.

"Taehyung, I don't have time! I'm sorry, I have to go." Jennie didn't even look at him and kept walking but to her surprise Taehyung walked beside her. "Let me take you home."