Chapter 2

Jennie suddenly froze

Jennie suddenly froze. Does she see a ghost? Or is she hallucinating? It's been like what? A year maybe? When she feel tingling on her body, it's like someone watching her, she turn her head to the side and suddenly her eyes immediately direct her vision to the back of an ambulance truck with open door and there's a man sit on it while there's an oxygen in his mouth and a bandaid on his hand.

This can't be. How could she see him again? She shakes her head and closes her eyes. "No, no, no. This is not happening. Not in time like this." Jennie mumbled to herself while still closing her eyes. She made an affirmation to focus on what's important now. Her column project.

When she opens her eyes, the person changes to a guy standing there with his back facing her. She noticed the figure. She feels the pocket on her coat and walks to him.

Jennie gathered herself to be brave. Maybe it is still a busy night for a firefighter because they are still gathering around the building, but her heart is still not well.

"Hello?" She tapped the guy's back and he turned around immediately. But, her eyes see directly to the person in front of him.

It turns out, what she imagined when she's standing ten feet away was right. It's V all along. Her romantic encounter at a wedding reception one year ago.

"Huh? Hello? Excuse me, who are you looking for?" Jennie is still staring at this V guy who got confused why she stared at him like that without realizing the man standing in front of V who she tapped earlier called her.

"Miss?" Jennie jolted a bit and turned to the guy. "Hey, uhm, remember me? We met at the soup cafe, uh, i want to give you this back. I didn't feel right, you just gave your money like that, it was an accident and clearly this accident right now is bigger than our accident this morning." Jennie let out a fifty dollar bill that the firefighter gave for bumping her earlier.

"Apparently, the cashier saw us and they gave me a free exact order for that accident." Jennie explained.

"You came here only to do this?" The guy arched his eyebrows. "No, no, uhm this is my building. I work here and on the exact floor that got burned. I want to check on it and I'm curious too."

"Oh, is that so? Well you still can't work tomorrow because you need to be assured that there's no possible fire or source anywhere that could lead to another explosion." He said.

"Uhm, okay." Jennie still takes a glance at V who just stares at the victim lying on the ground. The guy seems so confused so he speaks again. "So, thank you for this, miss. Is there anything you need?"

Jennie turns her head to the guy again. "No, uhm, please call me Jennie. Thank you for putting out the fire." She smiled. She is still curious why V looks like he doesn't recognize me at all.

"Oh yes, Jennie, you're welcome. I'm Edward Choi." He offered a handshake. "Jennie Ruby Jane Kim." She purposely said her full name for V to notice her but still . . . Nothing.