Chapter 6

Jennie tidies up her desk since it's already past work hours and she has a date with Taehyung tonight

Jennie tidies up her desk since it's already past work hours and she has a date with Taehyung tonight. Suddenly, Hyoyeon walks to her desk and panics.

"What's going on with you and work hours these days? You've been here in the morning and left on time. Are you going to resign from the firm?" Hyoyeon asked.

Jennie chuckled while she put on her jacket and grabbed her bag.

"No, I just want to work these hours." Jennie replied.

Suga who sits beside her suddenly joins the conversation while still focusing on the computer. "Yeah, because Taehyung has a morning shift too." He added.

Hyoyeon arche her eyebrows at Jennie with a smirk. Jennie can see Hyoyeon's playful face about to mock her.

"Ooohh, Taehyung? So you forgave him already? You finally dated this guy? He's handsome, I ship both of you. You're hot." Hyoyeon said.

Jennie rolled her eyes. "No, I still resent him and I have a plan. American Stock exchange building i propose to my client? It belongs to Taehyung's parents and he is supposed to get it once his dad dies. But, it is still on the market so I suggested it to my client and they agreed. They're going to make an offer to the New York Landmark Committee where his brother is one of the members there and initiate the selling too but Taehyung is against it."

"Wow, you plan on destroying him by doing that? Isn't that harsh?" Suga raised his eyebrows.

"Well, there's a payment to everything we did in the past, right? This time I'm the judge in this, and I take my payment from his mistake." Jennie said. She still sternly did not let her fall in his trap this time.

Hyoyeon and Suga stare at each other. It's all emotional talk, deep down they know Jennie did this because she loves him.

"Okay, guys. I'm going!" She waved at them and left.

Jennie gets out of the building and takes a turn to the station three blocks away from her building but somebody calls her.

"Jen!" She turns around and looks everywhere, she can't find where the person is calling her. "Jen!" Suddenly he popped behind her and calling her near her ear made her jump.

"Taehyung! Why are you here?" Jennie was surprised. "I'm picking you up. "But, you said you'll be going to my home at nine?"

"Well, I can't wait to meet you so I want to drive you home." Jennie raised her eyebrows. "You want to have a date in my house?"

Taehyung chuckled and Jennie suddenly frowned. He has this beautiful admiring boxy smile. It's intoxicating, she kinda likes it. She remembers that's one of the things she loves about him.

"No, I just want to drive you and go back to my station." Taehyung said. His words only made her get more confused. "What? Isn't it hassling you to go back and forth just to drive me home?" Jennie raised her eyebrows.