Chapter - 12 ( I don't want to be your enemy)

Third Person's P. O. V

Her gaze boring into his, searching for something, looking for the love they once held. However, she lowered her eyes in bitter disappointment when she found none.

, " What are you doing here? " his cold voice resonance through her whole being, shaking her soul.

Savannah gave no reply but smile sadly, his gaze darkened not liking her look now, as if she was stripped of all hope.

, " I want to see you. " she had a lot of question that she wanted to asked, but she asked none . Overtime she had gotten used to keeping all these questions bottle up inside her .

She didn't want to but she suspect him to be the perpetrator of the incident of her fall , but even if it's indeed him what can she do? How could a person be so cold hearted, to the point where he didn't even mind killing his own flesh and blood? How much does he had to dispise her to go to such length?Seeing no trace of guilt in his eyes, she silently pray that it's not him, if so the truth would be way too much to take. She didn't want to know the truth, she is afraid she won't be able to move forward after that and it would crushed her remaining strength and will to live . Maybe, sometimes not knowing what it truly is become the only kind of protection.

, " You've seen me. You can return, " he added in an aloof manner. Savannah shakes her head weakly, " Not you, " I didn't want to see you, I want to see the person I know. The man I fall in love with, the man whom I'm married to. I don't know who the person standing before me is, the only person I yearn for is that person.

His frown displeased, Savannah chuckle lowly he no longer have patience for her when she become just another useless tool . She forced down the tears that was threatening to spill. She found it difficult to breathe like a knot was tied on her throat. A few mere words and he had ran out of patience.

Why does it have to be you? Savannah face was extremely pale, looking like she would collapse at the slightest touch. She is yet to recover from her miscarriage, she is still weak physically and mentally .

, " Sir, the investors have come. " his secretary called him, he gave one last look at her and whisper some command to his bodyguard and left.

She looked at his back with an unfathomable gaze, trying to remember each and every detail of his body. I don't want to become your enemy, so I'll retreat. You never will have to bear the pain of seeing my face, the pain of seeing the one whom you thought killed your family. I hope to never crossed path with you again.

How much would he hate her when he holds her? How disgusted is he when he said that he love her? While he meant the opposite, in stark contrast to him every single one of her words have always been from her heart. Just how much do he have to hate them to go to this length? He thoroughly win this game for sure, he also manage to thoroughly destroyed her along the way. It hurts so much when she knows the person whom she had given all her heart to is the person who hates her the most in this world, that the sole reason that their relationship started in the first place is his hatred .

She thought that she was the problem, the sole reason of their crumbling marriage. Her gaze shift to his ring finger before slowly looking away . Funnily enough , she was alone all this time. There was never a thing to protect.

, " Sir, had asked me to assist you home. " the pale brown eyes stare at her in a polite way with no hint of warmth and a disguised hatred. She had never bother to look into this matter clearly, all the people that he puts around him, his trusted aide or bodyguard, they all give her the same look. Like a sworn enemy, they obviously treat her politely however there was also a sense of alienation and a distinct hatred in their gaze and words that seem to be lace with ridicule.

Of course, what can be more ridiculous than seeing her so in love with him? Seeing their enemy running around like a headless chicken, how much would they make fun of her? What a joke she is.

Savannah glance at him with a bone chilling coldness, which make him retreat his gaze," I can go by myself. " with that she walks away, the bodyguard look at her with a sneer and didn't bother to follow her. She is in such a danger, yet she didn't even know it, it would be even better if those people manage to kill her off. They would be doing them a favor.

...........................

Ace looked down at the man who returned shortly in a condescending manner, his calm eyes hiding his raging anger, " Of course, it would be exactly as what we have stated." he wants to end this quickly.

The investors nodded , all in a deep thought, " Sorry gentlemen, I got some matter to attend to. " he fixed his coat, and excuse himself politely.

He walked towards the door still looking calm and composed, Will quickly follow him out. He closed the door, looking at him in an cold manner , " Why are you here? " his voice contain a hint of blood ,he is so cold that even Will who was always next to him was frightened, " She said she wanted to go by herself"

, " And you let her? " his voice calm like nothing was affecting him, " I told you to protect her. " he didn't like it when people disobey his command and act on their own accord. Especially, now when the situation is more dangerous than ever.

Ace look at the man before him with no hint of warmth , saying to him solemnly " If even a hair on her head fall, you will pay with your life. "

Author's note..

Please vote and follow

Date : 12 . Oct. 22

Time : 10:57 p. m

Love you all🌼

I won't be able to update for awhile, I'm going to have exam.