To the Winner Goes the Spoils

“What the hell am I still doing here…?!”

Steve cursed under his breath as he paced back and forth on the sidewalk outside of Nancy Wheeler’s house. He’d already been outside for over two hours, sulking around like a dog left out in the rain and feeling ready to shred the clothes off his skin with his frustration. His body was too hot, too itchy, and everything inside of him was screaming to break down her door or scale the side of her house and burst in through the window!

It wasn’t his fault really, it was just his nature… and her damn scent had been in his nose ALL DAY at school.

She must have known, too, because Nancy purposefully avoided him as much as she could the whole day. And, of course, she’d grabbed Jonathan after the last bell rang, hauling him after her as she hurried them to his car to leave school property. Steve had stood at the edge of the parking lot, senses feeling fully alert and jealousy bubbling up in his chest at the sight of what had been his girlfriend running off with another man… A lesser man.

Steve groaned at his own thoughts and scrubbed his hands over his face and up through his now thoroughly mussed hair. He’d known he and Nancy were over for weeks now, and honestly, Jonathan was a good guy, he had to give her credit for her choice even if he personally despised the guy right now. It wasn’t like he had claim on Nancy, they weren’t officially bonded or anything, but… It was the natural order of things!! Or at least it was supposed to have been.

Omegas needed an alpha to sate them in their heats and Steve was an alpha eager and willing! An alpha she could depend on to take care of her, like he always had. Jonathan was a Beta only and sure, he might have been the safer choice for her first heat… at least he couldn’t get her pregnant, but still!

He felt like a fool, prowling around outside his ex’s house like some love sick pup, knowing full well what she was doing with Jonathan upstairs. He could hear them, even through the closed window, smell them both; pheromones filling his nose and making his dick painfully hard in his jeans. Hell, at this point he’d be willing to share with Jonathan just to get in there, into her. But he knew better than to risk it. Respect for Nancy and her personal choices were the only thing rooting him to the sidewalk right now and if she invited him to join them, his alpha wouldn’t tolerate another male in on the action, Beta or not. He’d end up putting Jonathan into the hospital or worse…

The low, throaty rumble of a muscle car pulling up behind him made Steve’s shoulders tense up and his teeth clench. He knew who it was without having to look. If the deep purr of his car engine wasn’t enough of a giveaway, the other teens musk was a dead ringer.

“Speaking of worse…” Steve grumbled to himself and turned to look at Billy Hargrove as the sandy blond stepped out of his car once the engine was turned off, his blue eyes flashing over to  Steve and sweeping over his frame in a once over. As Billy’s gaze slowly walked back up his body, they lingered a little too long on the bulge in Steves’ Levi’s and the smug prick had the audacity to actually crack a knowing grin.

“Shoulda figured I wasn’t the only one who noticed her today…” Billy mused with an easy-going tone to his voice, his smile still rooted to his lips as he pulled out a pack of smokes and bit down on the filter of one of his cigarettes, drawing the slim stick from the pack before fishing into his pocket for a light. “Thought it woulda been Johnny-boy out here licking his wounds though.”

“I’m not ‘licking my wounds’, asshole.” Steve grumbled low, his body still tense as he turned to face Billy fully. Despite the slightly shorter mans relaxed posture as he leaned his ass back on the hood of his Camaro and cupped his hand against the mild breeze to light his smoke, Steve knew better than to let his guard down. Billy was an Alpha too, and he was much stronger than anyone would assume. With an Omega nearby in heat, Billy Hargrove was only one thing to Steve…