xix

• third person •

"What a bore."

The blonde lady stared unamused at the man sat before her, his expression dull, emotionless.

"Can't even have a conversation with you like this."

Heaving a sigh, Gloria stood, approaching her desk. Diluc only watched in silence when she brought back a small syringe.

"When do you think dear (Y/N) will be back?" she asked, shrugging her shoulders. "Unfortunately I don't know where she lived, and how long it takes to get there and back. What a shame."

"I am quite, very in fact, bored. I would poison you more but I feel like that's getting old."

Two syringes appeared between her slim fingers. The corner of her lips rose.

"How about we have a coherent conversation for a little?"

Without warning, Gloria yanked Diluc's sleeve out of the way. Before he knew it, the needle of the syringe had sank into his arm.

Gloria was quick to heal the wound.

Diluc's pupils shook.

Just as he shot up, Gloria shoved him back onto the bed.

The empty syringe clattered to the ground. The full one in her hand threatened to enter his other arm.

"Don't act irrationally, Mr Ragnvindr. Your wife is safe and sound."

"I-"

"Hm?"

Just as she expected, Diluc backed down. With a smile, Gloria took back the syringe.

Diluc hid his face into his hands.

"I'm forgetting who I am," he murmured.

Gloria's eyebrow raised as her head tilted.

Must be because I took his vision...

"It's alright. Tell me. How do you feel?"

Diluc stared at the floor.

His eyes narrowed, his eyesight slightly blocked by his fingers.

"I've messed up," he whispered. "She's... she's going to hate me..."

Gloria smiled in amusement. "And why do you say that?"

Diluc's chest heaved, before he brought his whole body back onto the bed, curling up into a ball.

"I don't know... I've just done something wrong, and I don't know what..."

The blonde lady tilted her head, leaning into her hand with a sigh.

"Well, your wife is fighting for her life out there just for you. So I'd say you haven't got much to be worrying about."

"Will she be okay..?" Diluc mumbled.

With a smirk, Gloria stood, her heels clacking against the ground as she approached him. Diluc's crimson eyelashes fluttered when her fingers twirled around his scarlet locks, lulling him back into a drowsy state.