Prologue: The Greatest Sorceress who ever lived

To whoever is reading this.... Be cautious. The secrets I am about to unveil to you are ones that should not be muttered to any soul. They must not be heard, they must not be thought and most of all they must not be shared. This is a written account of my personal experiences. If you are reading this I may have long since been disposed of. To be less grim, perhaps I am in hiding or maybe I just ran out of pages and needed a new book to continue. If you are reading this, don't let them find you. Don't let them know you know. Keep this book safe and hand it down to your children and their children's children. If one day our world is less corrupt, I would like for my journal to be published and for the whole word to know the truth of what happened. Who am I?

My name is Afua Gowon and I am the greatest sorceress who ever lived...

Soon to be anyways.

What's a personal account without telling you how we got here in the first place? A rubbish one that's what. Let me just bring you up to speed.

My name? Afua we've established this already. I didn't have any easy childhood but it wasn't one I would have traded for the world. I lost my father at an early age and my mum raised me ever since. They weren't the best magic users. They had magic but it was never anything too crazy. My dad was a mechanic who had minor telekinesis. He used it mostly to get the tv remote when he felt lazy and other neat things and party tricks. It had limitations though, the heavier the item the more strain it took on his magic. Anything more than 1kg was immune to his telekinesis. My mum? She had a certain type of invulnerability to food poisoning. She could eat anything— and I mean anything and never get sick. Raw chicken? Easy, Pill overdose? Cake walk, Tide pods from that trend in 2017? She said "Well it doesn't taste good but I feel fine.". A piece of advice: if you ever meet my mum, don't let her cook for you.

Anyways, boring parents, boring childhood, boring life. That's why it didn't make sense when during a 'heated discussion' with my teacher, I manifested an air explosion. I don't know how better to term that but imagine this: Just a massive wave of pressure that slammed everything and everyone towards the walls and shattered all the windows. Yes, including my teacher. Frankly, I never knew I had it in me. I knew I was a late bloomer but even though I'm highly egotistical I never thought I would actually have an ability worth bragging about. I wasn't bragging then and I'm still not bragging now. The amount of casualties that occurred during that incident was horrifying. Seeing my teacher slumped against the ground barely breathing when I was yelling at her just a second ago was a conflict of interest. I was horrified, in denial— Had I actually done this? I looked around and could not find another culprit. When the police and ambulance escorted me out of the school it seemed like that room was only the beginning of more horrors. My teacher was lucky.