Aeolus

Aeolus was so beautiful. Fair skin and lithe limbs, soft hair and a cunning smile.

He was the complete opposite of Ayther, but in some ways, completely the same. They had fallen in love. Maybe a little too far. It's okay, they were stars upon the universe where footprints dug up earth and roots shone through.

Aeolus with fair skin and lithe limbs. Aeolus with a sweet smile and amethyst eyes and stardust in his hair. Red wine pouring into your ears every lullaby he sang. He landed into Ayther's garden one day, wilting flowers swelled in his presence, a sweet breeze carried with him. And Ayther's callused fingers untangled soft brown hair while a sweet voice spoke of a kingdom called Luxournbris, spoke about fake smiles and polite waves and how he was sent on a cruel mission to slay a demon who ran into hiding 500 years ago.

The amount of people who would trade their soul for Aeolus' position is uncountable. To be a prince; the one and only heir to Luxournbris, the ever prospering kingdom. Deceptive smiles towards villagers longing for power were customary, and he had grown used to the objectification, the dehumanization.

He was demoted from the royal line, transferred as a High Sorcerer for no sorcerer could ever become king. Those with ruined pride saw this opportunity to step on Aeolus to raise their own ego. He was clearly cast away by his family, and they took advantage of that. He was manipulated for his magic, being sent on high tier quests nearly everyday, mocked with a sharp tongue and ridiculed with harsh words.

500 years ago, a demon born of rage went on a rampage, killing various men and women, clawing out their flesh and consuming their soul. An illustration was shown to an amethyst gaze of a demon with wavering eyes, huge horns upon flowing hair, muscles rippling underneath inhuman skin. Horrid claws rusted with blood, fangs the length of a normal man's forearm. His posture was dreadful, vertebrae sticking out. And 500 years ago, that very same demon had fled into hiding, now being sought after by the most prosperous of sorcerers.

Aeolus set off on the quest, as he had done thousands of times before. Footsteps hammered the forest floor on his own as he traced the demon's past footprints deeply embedded in the ground. An ethereal tune rang throughout the blackened sky, a song easily mistaken for an angel's blessing. A divine lullaby sung for everyone, yet heard by no one. Nobody except Ayther Monalled.

Aeolus fled from the kingdom, a supernova upon the universe.

Aeolus Astraeu Notus Tempest de Anemo was never seen again.

And so here he was, sitting in a quaint cottage drinking tea made by that same demon, however not nearly as horrendous as illustrations showed, instead a tall man with fine features carved by Michael Angelo himself. Oak roots threatened to swallow their feet as they lived in idyl. They were both loved now, the two of them.

Stars in the universe as they exploded together, intertwining heartstrings.