Chapter 9

In this Chapter, I'm going to assume the "new Spider-Man" they were refering to was the MCU one, with Tom Hollande. That's all, enjoy ˆˆ
.
.
.

Leaning against my overly big teddy bear, I absentmindedly scratched Despote behind her ears. She was purring in her sleep, looking comfortable, as always. In my headphones, George Michael's voice drowned my superfluous thoughts.

What happened at the movies earlier still on my mind...

*.
.*
*.

On Popcorn duty, I was carrying a medium Salt for my Mom, and a large Sugar for Miggy and me. They had taken care of our drinks, but the both of them went ahead when they saw there was a line for the Popcorn. They were waiting for me, probably already seated, even if we were a bit early : the movie would only start ten minutes from now.

Still, I was in a hurry to get back to them, my mind was full of baby blue eyes, and I was carefully watching over our full to the brim snacks...

Which is why I didn't see the person rushing out of room 7.

We collided.

"Fuc…" I cursed when losing balance.

A hand clumsily gripped my T-shirt sleeve, to keep me from falling or keep their own balance, I didn't know. The rest seemed to happen in slow motion... I struggled to stay upright, miserably failing to do so, and my hand searched for something to hold onto, shooting out in a reflex and letting the smaller portion of Popcorn go ; But what my hand grabbed ended up being a boob.

Whomever ran into me gasped and lost their footing, destroying our precarious balance. 

We hit the ground only seconds after my mom's precious snack.

Or at least, I hit the ground. The person - the girl I assumed - fell onto me, knocking the air out of my lungs. Fortunately, during the chute, I had let go of the breast I accidently grasped. Unfortunately, the large Popcorn container got crushed between our colliding bodies and its content came pouring right on my face as it reached the floor.

I must've closed my eyes without meaning to at some point, because I coughed out a popcorn before blinking them open again. 

"Danny !?"

Disoriented, it took an instant to recognize the face so dangerously close to mine. The body on top of me belonged to no one but Sam, as stunned as I was.

Our surprise floated between us before the situation finally registered, and suddenly we tried to move and talk at the same time.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry..." 

"Sorry, fuck, I didn't see..." 

Limbs untangling, body lifting away, rapid crawling back.

But as I distanced myself from her and sat up, a handful of popcorn fell in my large neckline.

Give me a fucking break...

Graceless, I awkwardly stood back on my feet and pulled my City Of Bones shirt out of my jeans to then proceed to shamefully jump up and down to make the snacks fall off of me. All the while stumbling over excuses addressed to Sam and curse words addressed to whatever God may be listening to ; I wasn't picky right now, any would do.

My cheeks were bright red as I tried to get all the Popcorns in my neck and stuck in my hair. But when I finally dared to look up, my breathless apologies got stuck in my throat upon the sight of Sam wiping tears off her also reddened cheeks.