C. 31

Thank you all, as always! 

It continues from where we left... I hope you enjoy it!Happy reading

If only a few months ago I had been told that I would return to my home and experience this high degree of happiness I would not have believed it at all. It's since Maya's lips rested on mine again two weeks ago that I've been happy, actually. Although it had been weeks since my head had processed a physical approach to Maya as inevitable, not to mention the sentimental approach, I almost did not expect the burst of happiness that overwhelmed me. But there is the other side of the coin: fear. A fear so strong of hurting me that it almost prevents me from any movement. I know Maya noticed this, because even though there were other kisses between us in the days that followed, I tried to hold back as much as possible and Maya told me she's willing to give me as much time as I need. There is a part of me, however, that is so blocked, by things that even I cannot tell myself or understand, that is afraid that all the time in the world is not enough anyway.

Needless to deny that one of the parts that most keep me anchored to fear is Viviana. It has always been her and I, alone, who got by in every situation, sleeping together on stormy nights, falling asleep on the couch on the most difficult days for me and for her. How does another person fit into this picture? Apparently, at least for today, it seems that Maya has found a key to be able to be together with Viviana. And as I watch her play in Viviana's arcade, I realize that my agitation was born from this: I trust Maya blindly, I would have left my daughter also to leave for South America on a glider, but I was afraid of the opposite, that Viviana did not trust Maya enough to be with her or that she did not like her. Only now that I see them playing with Barbie, Vivi's precious treasure, I realize that I am breathing a sigh of relief. Maybe I make some noise or maybe it's an empathic connection, because just then Maya looks up and sees me.

M < hey! There is mamma!> she says to Viviana, who in a hurry jumps out from the little swimming pool (fortunately full of balls and not water) that Maya bought to her this afternoon. She throws everywhere the plastic little balls and jumps in my arms. I laugh about her enthusiasm to see me and I hug her thigh to me.

C < how are you my love?> I ask her, kissing all her face.

V < hungry!!> she complains and I immediately agree with her, putting her on the ground and telling her to run to the kitchen, that there is hot pizza. Maya meanwhile gets up and approaches us, a little embarrassed and a little fearful.

C < hello..> I whisper, placing a hand on her chest and leaving her a sweet kiss on the lips, which Maya welcomes surprise. < come..> I say then taking her by the hand and taking her with me to the kitchen, where Viviana jumps cheerfully waiting to be put in the high chair.

C < no diaper?> I ask her, while I still have her in my arms.

V < no, Mommy!> she exclaims confidently and I nod.

M < I'm sorry, I didn't know she put on her diaper at night..> Maya hurries to apologize, making me smile.

C < no, it's ok. She doesn't always put it on: it's she who decides when she feels like being without it and when she doesn't. ..> Maya nods, sitting down. < usually if she has spent a beautiful day she does not want it ..> I add to reassure her even more and Maya smiles at me, with a smile so warm and enthusiastic that I feel melt instantly.

Dinner flies away in a flash, seasoned with laughter and the stories of Viviana, who slowly turns off and is accompanied to bed by me. I tell her a very short story because she is practically already sleeping and I hurry to reach Maya in the kitchen, but she is already laying the dish dryer.