Chapter X

Link feels the water seeping into his clothes and boots, and sees the tree he was walking past. Although his entire body was aching, his bones burning within him, he stands, and passes a hand across his chest, arm and leg. No blood, no wounds.

Like nothing happened. Like Dark Link didn't exist, but he was certain....

Only the sound of a dark magician mumbling, trying to use his magic to bring the Triforce to him without touching it with his cursed graying hands.

Link pulls an arrow from his quiver, and fires, the arrow snaps against the staff. Agahnim bellows, "What? How?!"
Link fires again and again, but Agahnim uses his dark magic to prevent any more strikes.

Link, fearless, lunges as Agahnim performs his final sealing spell. However, unbelievably, the Master Sword reflects the spell and hits Aganhim. It's bright blue glow illuminating and vibrating in his hand, the staff as if glass, shatters.

Aganhim's eye widen and immediately found himself surrounded by a perfectly vibrant and unbreakable glass sphere. Agahnim slams his hands against the glass dome. "No! The magic? It really is the Master Sword!" Aganhim full of panic begs to be released and says, "No! You can't leave me here! I'm nothing without my staff, my magic! You wouldn't leave me here?"

Link sheaths the Master Sword and walks away from Agahnim, preparing his heart and mind for what's about to happen next.

The Triforce calls him.

Yes, he can hear it.

Link, like a moth to a flame, begins to walk towards the Triforce, the thing he fought so hard for.

"Wait!" Aganhim said, his voice echoing in the unbreakable glass sphere, "Ganondorf is far too powerful by now. If you go to him....if you fight him....if you lose..." he paused at the thought. "Then, you will have truly, single handedly destroyed Hyrule. He'll feel you carrying the Triforce of Courage and take the Wisdom Triforce." He slammed his fist against the glass. "He'll kill you, and then....and then, Ganondorf will win."

Link stared at Agahnim, Link's face contorting to a sneer.

The call of the Triforce was pulling him towards it. He heard the pleas, but gave his response by grabbing the Triforce in his hand, the golden glow of the Triforce illuminating the altar it was hovering above.

With groans, Link felt an immense gale flowing around him and green flames spread around his palm. Link never hesitated when the flames consumed his hand although it never ate away at his clothes. In fact, he held tighter and clenched his teeth, until the fires subsided, the evercool flames healing his mind, body and soul.

Fear had evaporated from his body and his eyes showed immense determination and Aganhim could see the courage in his face.

Finally, Link turned towards Aganhim, who had a desperate and shocked look on his face and spoke 3 words, with his greatest and most powerful voice.

Link uttered, "I won't lose."

As he closed his eyes, he felt a deep sense of power, towering over a small diminishing but brave, wise wielder. He understood immediately. And if that wasn't enough, a young girl's voice, now clearer and louder than ever before, called out, "Link...please, Ganondorf is here. There's no time. Come back soon, please."

A wall magically opened when it sensed the Triforce in Link's bag.

A short path that leads up the valley and back to the surface was all that remained to travel. Incredibly, Link was not afraid. What was once oppressive and daunting now seemed welcoming and pleasant. Is this the power of the Triforce? A cool breeze began to emerge on his back as he climbed back up from the obsidian pit.

When he unsheathed his sword The Master sword was now constantly glowing a bright blue. Clearly, without the Triforce, the Master Sword was using only a fraction of its power. But now? Link could feel an angry presence razing the Hylian Fields, and deep within the castle walls was a dormant power.

No more doubts.

No more waiting.

The time to act is now, thought Link.
Link smiled when he saw Epona, tittering as if she could feel the Triforce as well. Against all odds, Epona and Link begin riding, like never before.

Towards Ganondorf and his awful army.
Towards the King, his daughter and his Kingdom.

Towards the beginning of the end.