A Deltarune Christmas

It was Christmas Eve. Snow was falling, and in the Hometown church, Kris and their friends were discussing their plans for the holidays.

"It's finally Christmas Eve!" Kris said, "Time sure flew by. It feels like just yesterday that it was autumn."

"I can't believe we gotta practice these stupid hymns," Susie said, "Why the hell are we all a part of this stupid choir anyways?"

"Well, we've all been going to church since elementary school," Noelle said, "Besides, I thought that you liked singing!"

"Shut up!" Susie said, "The only thing I like to sing is death metal!"

"Well," Berdly said, "If you're that unhappy with church, why not change your religion? Maybe something more grounded in science will be better for you! I can always teach you!"

"Like hell I'm gonna abandon religion if a nerd like you is going to preach about science!" Susie shouted.

"I'm considering it," Catti said, while texting and not looking up from her phone, "Occult stuff is cool. Maybe I'll be Wiccan. I'll, like, study the others or something. It'll be like that Shin Megami Tensei game."

"This hymn stuff is radical!" Jockington said, "Just hanging out with my buds every Sunday! Jockington loves being together!"

"tem gud singer!" Temmie said, "songs help give tem bettr undrstandn ov relign! it fun tu lern!"

"Hey, Monster Kid!" Snowy said, "Wanna hear a joke about religion?"

"I don't know, man..." Monster Kid replied, "Isn't that one of the big 3 things you don't talk about in public? Besides, we're in a church!"

"Relax!" Snowy said, "Father Alvin hasn't even shown up yet! Now, as I was saying: A rabbi and a priest are at a grocery store..."

Father Alvin entered the room. Snowy quickly shut up.

"Greetings, children," Father Alvin said, "I'm honoured that we're all together on Christmas Eve to honour the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ; and to practice singing songs in His name, in hopes that you're able to spread this word to your parents tomorrow. Now, let us all practice our hymn, and then you may be dismissed. Come in, Sans!"

Sans walked in the room holding pieces of paper.

"heya," he said, "got some freshly baked hymns here! wrote it all myself! it's an honour, really."

"Damn it, not him again!" Susie said.

"But we all performed the hymn that he wrote when we were in elementary school," Noelle said.

"I know," Susie said, "But being the lazy piece of shit who he his, he decided to combine every holiday that he could think of into one hymn! Some of them weren't even Christian holidays! And it was all sponsored by Walmart!"

She turned to Kris.

"You remember it, don't you?" she asked, "He even managed to convince your mom to do an opera part in the background!"

"Don't remind me!" Kris said.

Kris closed their eyes and thought back to that disaster...

"don't worry," Sans said, "this one is actually about god and stuff. you know, unlike the one from your elementary school. but hey, at least walmart gave me good money for the last one!"