Chapter 5

"What? I'm not blind to the stares you two are sending eachother and señorita perfecta's blatant jealousy when your spending time with me gives me creeps." Mirabel confessed not knowing I was too shocked to respond and to process everything.

"Uh, Mirabel what do you mean stares I've been giving?" I asked confused.

Mirabel sighed " Not just stares...You always woke Isabela up gently than the rest of us,"

I scoffed "I do not?"

"You ask her about her day and you always greeted her in the corridor." Mirabel continued

"That's common courtesy Mira," I waved.

"Oh not to mention how you like to stare at flowers and always looked mesmerized when she arrived." Mirabel argued.

"I- uh..." I stammered blushing.

"See-" Mirabel pointed standing up.

"....," I sat there flabbergasted, I was admonishing that boy- Mariano but I'm doing the same.

"Yes! Its obvious to us well except Abuela, my parents and tio Felix but tia Pepa, she kinda knows," Mirabel finished. "Oh don't worry we support you and we want you to stay here but really? ISABELA?!"

I laugh at her grimance and making the light out of the situation. It was relieving that they support me and Mirabel informed me in advance but I still want to go home and Abuela will never approve. "I didn't even know I was looking like that though,"

Mirabel shrugged. "Isabela probably feels the same, you both share a dense braincells," she then got up and tugged me to dinner.

I was about to sit when Camillo shoved me to sit with Isabela and Dolores swapping our cutlery.

Isabela entered looking flustered and red as she sat beside me. This is awkward... and very embarassing as the cousins stare at us with a knowing glance.

Abuela like what Mirabel said oblivious of the happenings probably because she's planning marrying off Isabela. Which made me bite my lip a nervous tic I never seem to get rid off.

Three days left before the announcement. I sighed as I cleaned the last plate. I was about to put it on shelf when a soft voice called me.

"Avilla," Dolores called.

"Yes, Lor?" I turned to her.

"Come with me, I would like to talk to you about something," she said as I followed her into her room.

Dolores room is the quietest room of all, it was soundproof in a way she wouldn't hear noise outside casita as well as inside. Unless someone shrieked like a banshee next door then she will hear it.

Dolores locked the door while Antonio holds me in place if I ever attempt to run. Not that I'm moving in the first place.

"So... I heard you like me," Isabela from the corner of the room spoke as she moves closer to me. Again making me flustered but it feels odd.

"Uh huh," I said unsure.

"There is no uh-huh its only yes or no. Do. You.Like.Me." she dramatically puts her hand on her waist.

"Pfft-" I laughed as I can't picture Isabela doing that and there is only one answer why.

"Don't laugh at me," 'Isabela' said as Dolores and Antonio faceslap themselves.

"Yes, I like Isabela," I smiled.

Which 'Isabela' respond to "How so? and I'm Isabela why are you telling me like I'm not her?"

"Enough Camillo, Avilla already know you're not Isabela," Dolores tapped the Isabela which transformed back to Camillo.

"But how?" He squinted.

"Because Isabela will not ask that herself and your walk is off-" I explained as the trio's grin turn impish.

"Mirabel is right," they chorused.

"Of course I'm right. I mean with Avilla's staring I'm surprised Prima dona there, haven't melted." Mirabel jumped up from the bed.

"I also saw you two together earlier and you both look sweet right Tia?" Luisa smirked as Pepa cries.

"We love you to stay," Pepa said "and Avilla, I know you can make my niece happy. Since the third day you've been here."

"Third day?" I asked.

- Flashback-

I woke up with Mirabel and Isabela arguing. AGAIN. The movie didn't show how damaged the relationship to begin with but this is a step too far.

"You know than to be barging here in my room." Isabela sternly spoke.

"I was just trying to catch the rat." Mirabel reasoned.

"Then have the audacity to knock first!" Isabela hissed her voice almost gone up.

I tapped Mirabel's shoulder to stop her from rebutting and waking up the rest of Madrigals.

"What is going on Mirabel..uhm...Isabela?" I softly spoke. "You both are going to wake up everyone," I rubbed my eyes as sleep still wants to take over me.

"Nothing," Isabela responded plainly going inside her room and shut it close.

"Mirabel?" I asked her as she sniffed her angry tears.

"Its nothing Avilla," she said walking away. Which I held her in place. "Come," I dragged her down.

I made her sit on the dining room as I took some of eggs, milk and sugar. "You can tell me if you are ready," I said as I whipped some Letche flan.

I mixed the ingredients to a bowl and thankfully the madrigals have those containers you can steam. I was about to melt the sugar when Mirabel spoke.

"I wanted to catch a rat that slid inside the room of Isabela and she blew me off," Mirabel sighed.

"I know she doesn't like me but still!" She sobbed.

"Ay it's life, " I said as I let the letches cool down.

"We will have our disagreements sometimes." I said.

"Look here Mira," I showed her the flan.

"It's hot isn't it?" I asked her as she nodded.

"What will happen if I ate the hot flan?" I smiled.

"You'll burn your tongue," Mirabel sniffles.

"Atta girl, sometimes things need time. Time to cool and reflect," I said to her. "If you force it to cool," I blew the flan and it falls from the spoon and splatters. "It would still be disastrous and disappointing like when you burn your tongue."

I then scooped another spoon of flan. "If you waited a right moment." I fed her the flan.

"Mmm thats delicious!" She gasped in amazement.

"It will give you happiness," I grinned.

"I wish you are my sister Avilla," Mirabel sighed.

"Haha." I chuckled as I ruffled her hair. "You dont want to be my little sister... you'll get bullied," I then tickled her until she waved in surrender.

- Flashback end-

"Mmm, I don't think I did something that day. Other than cook letche flan," I tried thinking as Pepa grinned.

"Its just things you do that day change Isabela for the better," Pepa finished as she stood up. "Ok girls as we affirmed Avilla's feelings its time to get up and get our rest.