Chapter 6

Isabela's POV

I get to come home with Avilla today and it makes me feel giddy inside. It was such a coincidence that I bumped into her while I was working, she was looking for Mirabel and though I don't admit this out loud... but I am jealous on how Avilla cares for Maribel. How she worries and help her... I want that too. I sighed.

Which reminds me.... how panicked she was when explaining how she didn't mean to call me 'ew'

It was cute and sweet.

Surprisingly, I find myself feeling down when I thought she found me boring or disturbing.

But I was happy when she clarified the situation also she called me Isa! ISA!

I stared at Avilla celebrating as we walked together while holding hands. She is quite petite and small, Camillo said she might be in 4'11 in height which I found adorable.

Her features is light almost same as my father and she wore thick circular glasses. She mainly sports a shirt 'No Hablo Espanol' and black shorts. Which i thought was funny as she really don't speak Espanol.

She then looked at me with that all knowing look. It creeped me out sometimes on how she looked at us like shes watching a play unfold. But her practical observation and her willingness to help my family, it makes me feel warm inside and seen.

When Avilla bought the candies and chose the flower specifically because it reminds her of me. It strangely strokes my ego and I felt proud that she chose me out of all. But that vendor gets on my nerves a lot. Who is he to call Mi amor, Mi Corazon. I squashed the flower in irritation recalling past events. But when Avilla called me 'Mi Flor,' I felt dizzy and lightheaded with excitement.

It became short-lived as the teasing looks of my cousin definitely wiped my excitement, also the look of Abuella is unreadable as she stared between me and Avilla.

But that doesn't stop my stupid cousins, they teased me that I like Avilla. I am not sure yet as it may just be a fleeting infatuation but the more they teased the more agitated I become and I burst out "So what if I did! Got a problem with that?"

They just smirked and said "No ma'am,"

"And we knew it," Luisa and Tia Pepa also joined grinning.

I was beet red when I come down. Avilla was staring me with her soft eyes, I also realized they swapped the order of the sitting arrangement. Fortunately Abuela seems not to care. I blushed as my thigh brushed hers due to close proximity. It was an awkward and embarrassing dinner but it also felt good.

After a few minutes of eating I glanced at her biting her lip seemingly lost in thought. She then washed the dishes as the familia finish their meal.

I got up to my room and about to close the door when I saw her following Dolores to her room.

Curious I wait patiently until almost all of my cousins and Tia Pepa?! Come out the room. "Wait, did they spill my secret to her?"

She looks confused while walking. I closed my door nervously as I overthink what happened in that room. I'll ask Dolores tomorrow.

The dawn breaks in Encanto and I haven't slept a wink. I waited until the clock strikes five and speed walk to Dolores room about to knock when I saw Avilla on the corridor.

"Buenos Dias, Isabela," she greeted clearly still sleepy. "

You don't look well," her eyebrows furrowed as she walked close to me seeing the circles around my eyes.

"Sleep Isa, its still 4...30? What are you doing up?" She asked.

"Uh nothing. I wanted to ask Dolores about something." I gulped.

Confused as to why I needed Dolores this early she grabs my hand and gently guides me to my room.

"You've got all day to ask that," she said opening my room.

"But-" I tried to protest but fallen to deaf ears.

Avilla then drags me to my bed making me lie down. "Sleep, its still early, I'll accompany you until you feel asleep," She tucked me in my bed

"You still have 2 hours to nap. I'll give you a cup of coffee later," she then sits near my bed clearly about to pass out from tiredness herself.

"Then," I plucked my courage. "Sleep with me Avilla," she nodded half-asleep and sliding in the covers of my bed. Her bouncy wavy hair sprawled on my pillow as she snuggled close.

"Buenos noches, Mi flor," she mumbled as I felt my eyelids dropping from exhaustion.

I felt someone waking me up a little later. "Isa.... ISA," Avilla shooked me awake while my head still begs me to sleep. "Isabela, Mi flor wake up," she taps me gently as I stirred again.

"Mm no... not yet.." I groaned. I felt like I'm hallucinating Avilla because of my tiredness.

"Isa, wake up," she shook me again.

So persistent.

"Mmm, if you want me to wake up, I need a kiss," I said turning around to sleep.

"Ay Isa... fine," she said as she pecked my cheeks lingering a bit before withdrawing. "Now wake up!"

I sit up groggily and sighed staring at her reddish cheeks. It takes a minute before I became red also.
"Avilla? Uh... uhm... wait let me change." I said as I tripped with my vines, blushing as I hurried up.

"Careful Mi flor- " Avilla smiled as I rushed through.

"Ok Im finished," I said as I tripped again.

This time Avilla burst in fits of giggles and laughter as she help me up. "Wow uhm. wait.." she then pushed me to bed

She made me sit as she knelt for a bit to tie the strings of my shoes. "There oh wait." she said as she pulled me to stand and fixed my clothes by smoothing it up and combed my hair.

"There mi bella flor," she grinned. "Everyone is waiting downstairs,"

I looked at her stunned. "You'll make a great wife someday," I dumbly commented as she heats up.

"Yeah, I guess," she nodded still flustered "shall we go?"

I linked my arm with hers as we continued to the kitchen.