13) Chapter thirteen

"Asked in a tense aura"

—Is her breathing stable Gojo-sensei?— Itadori asks in a concerning matter, he wants to know if Hikari-chan is alright.

Gojo nods.

Itadori looks at the two figures sitten next to the child's bed, admiring how Gojo sensei remains calm and patient in this situation, Itadori looks at Hikari once again only to focus on the sounds that the raindrops left on Hikari's bedroom window.

'They are so different' Itadori says to himself, looking at the two adults admiring the child on the bed,

He can't help but wonder where have they met before.

Masaki's breathing can be heard from the silence of the child's room.

Silence is only the thing left in this weird situation, as Gojo lingers on his mind, thinking of all the things he wants to say; all the things he wants to express.

Hikari's room is spacious, with one kid-size bed, with a small spider plushie alongside a big puffy cloud pillow, where her head is resting, next to a panda plush.

It reminds Gojo of the time he bought it for her, they went to a restaurant, and Hikari saw a teddy bear store and was saying how each and everyone looked like Panda, the second year, the Cursed Corpse second year.

Must he say, all of them looked like him, Gojo bought one teddy bear just to tease the poor panda.

Aside from that, there is 1 big window next to her bed, a pink rug Nanami bought near the front of the bed, a basket full of Disney princess dolls; a couch that Gojo bought for him to read books to her in bedtime, and a white shelf where pictures of all Hikari's loved ones- the most outstanding is a picture of her and Gojo eating icecream and smiling.

But the thought that ignites in gojo's head is,

That in this whole place there is not even a picture of her mother.

Gojo snaps from the thought and looks directly into Masaki's eyes, finally looking at the eyes of the woman he used to love.

The woman that made him understand that being the strongest isn't the best sometimes.

His mind lingers on a question he had in his mind for years, it felt like he was in misery every time he remembered what happened.

He just wants to know why she left. why she dared to leave him behind. when they promised to escape together from this world.

And most importantly, why she chose to leave her child. well, their child.

Gojo and Masaki connect gazes, looking into each other's eyes, thinking that if they look at each other it will all be explained. no words are needed, just like in the old times.