03

"Nuh uh, absolutely not. You're coming with me Y/N. C'mon, let's go." My mom said, motioning to the front door with her head and pointing, the action making her keys jingle.

"Yea, yea" I said, sliding my heel in my shoe before stumbling over to the door, walking over to the car and buckling myself in.

Mom won't let me be by myself since earlier this morning. The paramedics had patched my wounds up but because mom knows them, she convinced them to not take me into the hospital. I'm under HER watch now.

She swears she isn't holding me prisoner but now I feel like she really is. She doesn't seem mad, just concerned and scared. Which is completely understandable after what happened.

His face just keeps reappearing in my mind. The way his hair fell over his forehead and stuck to his skin from sweat.. or.. blood? A shiver went down my spine thinking of what he had done before breaking in.

We're nearly to the grocery store, mom is making me go shopping with her. She says we'll also be able to "spend more time together" because she's taking a temporary leave now. But I know it'll end up with me just helping her with chores and errands.

The quiet kicking of the turning signal snapped me out of my thoughts and I realize were pulling into the parking lot of the store.

"Gosh, it's a Sunday which means everyone is at the store apparently." My mom says as we cross to enter the store, It's so obviously she's trying to lighten up the mood, the tension DOES seem to lift a little though.

"What's for dinner?" I ask back. My mom is one hell of a chef but she's never home to actually cook so at least home cooked meals are something I can look forward to.

"Hmm," she sighs "What are you thinking?"

"What abouttt (Your favorite meal)?" I suggest, fingers mentally crossed.

"OOH! Great Idea!! That sounds delightful!" She says while pushing the noisy cart to the isle we need to head to for the ingredients.

While shopping I can't shake the feeling of being watched again. I want to ignore it but the last time that happened.. I really might've been watched.

Looking around, theres no one out of the ordinary. A family further down the isle arguing over Xtra Cheesy or Thick and creamy mac and cheese.

Walking past the isle was an older couple with a basket of frozen fruits and a big gallon of milk.

Maybe i'm just paranoid. I have to be. Who WOULDN'T be?

On that thought I looked around once last time and seen a glimpse of a man with the same build as the intruder last night leave the store.

I can feel my heart start to race and I can feel myself breathe heavier because of how fast my chest starts to rise and fall. My mom noticed and stops pushing the cart.

"Hun? Hey, Hun??" She says before grabbing my bandaged arms.

The pain shoots through both of my arms and I realize whats happening.

"I- Uh- Sorry- Ah." I take a deep breath and attempt to regain my composure.

"What's wrong? Did you see something- What's going on? C'mon talk to me Y/N." She says rapidly, concern and worry laced through her words.

"I.." I start but if I tell her I THINK I saw him, i'd just worry her more. It might've not been him, or.. maybe it was.. God I don't know and it's frustrating me.

"I'm not sure. I didn't see anyone. I just remembered how I felt last night and I guess it scared me." I say, it's believable. I couldn't say nothing was wrong because that'd be so obviously a lie.