- | BACKSTORIES & FLOWERS |-

The hallways were crisp, and chilly. The walls were lined with enormous glass panneled arched windows that looked out onto the high grounds.

Each window only a metre or so apart creates such an open view on the land of the lords and ladies of the high houses. The houses are pristine white bricked homes lined with black rimmed corners and their family colour as the roof.

Mostly an arrangement of dark browns and greens and navy with a couple splashes of saturated yellow or reds.

I know each and every colour and family by heart. I know their rankings, their family histories and their abilities. I make it my business to know.

An older couple appeared in an open door way, arms linked as they strolled obnoxiously through the gates to the Royal gardens. Navy, The house of Delfonos. Warra and Nyla Delfonos, one a Airos the other is a Spacias - manipulators of gravity. They have two children, Spar and Lucan. Twins one born both Luminous. The twins are Argo's age. Both conniving, cunning and definitely not to be trusted. But then again this is Malvena the only way to survive is to not trust.

That's only one family of hundreds and they would all be at the ball tonight, just my luck. Passing the gate like windows, the hallway opens up onto a sea of dewy green grass parted by an even gravel road, the castle entrance to the beautiful royal gardens.

The garden is an explosion of strong purples from lavenders to lilacs, reds like the poppies and littered with Malvena's prize possession, the rarest black Roses, or the Migali Rose. Famous in both its beauty and believed powers.

The infamous tale goes back to when Ontari was whole, a united kingdom. Back when the Rodeo family, the beloved were the perfect royal family. The only royal family. There was a royal tradition slash festival more properly known as Blodeuyn, the flower Festival.

A celebration in were the oldest child of each high house would go to the now dead, Olivianne Garden. I was once told the garden stretched on for miles, it was more a park than a small garden.

The children would go out and let fate help them choose a flower, the flower was supposedly the favourite flower of their true love. After the picking ceremony the children come together to exchange their flowers to reveal their love.

True love the idea of a flower revealing true love always makes me laugh.

The rumour goes on to centre around the then teenage mysterious France Falsk. Forced to partake in the flower plucking he found himself out on the open fields. His head dipped and his feet aching, he had been strolling through the fields for quite some time with no real way of knowing how long though he was sure it had been longer than an hour. His eyes skimmed the floral floors carelessly, not interested in a single petal.

He began to feel overheated and annoyed. A single drop of sweat slid its way down his forehead letting him know it was time to take a break. Looking up slightly his scanned his surroundings in search for the perfect place to crash. Whipping his head a round a couple times in shock, France realised he was the only one standing on the field for miles. Then that's when he found it.

A tall grassy patch, shaded by a few trees that were close enough to grow and tangle their branches together creating the perfect shield from the suns harsh rays. He took a couple steps closer and saw them.

There in the darkest part of the shaded landscape sat a small bush with the most beautiful flowers he had ever scene. The Migali Rose, the black rose. The colour of the petals shocked him, curiously he stepped closer to inspect the beautiful item.

The  young France joined the group of undeniably spoiled, primadonna's and self - centred douche bags all holding the carcass of what was once a gorgeous plant. Holding the dead creature's neck letting gravity wilt its head. He stood quietly off to the side watching all the debutants run around exchanging bunches of beautiful colours, reds, orange, whites but none black.

He also noticed not a single person made any effort to go his way, not that he minded in fact he preferred it that way. Or atleast that's what he told himself to comfort that deep feeling of loneliness oozing through his veins. Instead he when to the darkest part of the forest and replanted the beautiful delight.
-
Walking through the gravel pathed garden I hadn't ever thought much of the significance of the story, if there was any besides it being a small original story for a flower. None the less they still found it important enough to teach in our education class.

—-
HEYY GUYS!
How are you liking it so far? It's a bit slow but trust the process! Haha

I played around with the lengths of the chapters comment which size u prefer. Long or short?

Love Insomnia Cafe x