|𝟭|~Berk ∙

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"This..is Berk." A boys voice calls out, young with age as he speaks with a sigh.

Mist shrouds dark waters as it leads up to a tall mountain, two pillars sitting at the edge of the water.

"It's twelve days north of hopeless and a few degrees south of freezing to death."

Small fires sit within the statues mouths, flicking and licking at the cold night air.

"It's located solidly on the Meridian of
Misery."

A small village sits within the mist, houses stacked on top one another. A heard of sheep stand in a field, some chewing at the grass while others slept.

"My village. In a word, sturdy. It's been here for seven generations, but every single building is new."

The houses are laid bare, doors slightly open while some sheep stood outside.

"We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problem.."

A sheep is suddenly snatched from its spot, the other sheep staring slacked jawed as their friend is carried away by a rather large beast.

".. Are the pests."

They shake it off, turning around and going back to what they were doing, continuing to chew at the grass.

"You see..most places have mice or mosquitoes, we have.."

A boy slams a door open and runs inside, people outside can be heard screaming and yelling. He slams the door shut, his back pressed against it as his chest rises and falls with deep breaths.

"Dragons.." he breaths out, his eyes wide.

"Most people would leave. Not us."

Hoards of dragons begin to swoop down, snatching as many livestock as they could before flying away. Some reach down and swipe at Vikings, knocking them off balance as they hit the ground with a groan.

"We're Vikings. We have..stubbornness issues."

The boy rushes out of his house, the roof slightly on fire. He runs forward, passing people and dodging dragons with a small grin on his face.