|𝟭𝟳|~Red Death ∙

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The familiar fog envelopes the Viking's ships as they sail through, Stoick at the front and watching for danger, (F/N) by his side.

"Sound your positions," he instructs as he looks around. "Stay within earshot."

"Here!"

"One length to your stern!"

Gobber watches the others work as he ioins his friend, nervously looking around. "Listen, Stoick, I was..overhearing some of the men, and, well, some of them, are wondering what it is we're up to here,"  Gobber stammers

Stoick's gaze remains unchanged. "Not me, of course. I-I know you're always the man with the plan, but some, not me, are wondering if there is, in fact, a plan at all...and...what it might be?" Gobber finishes, raising a brow.

"Find the nest and take it." (F/N) growls, Gobber looking to the man with wide eyes at his harsh tone. The Commander looks back, (D/N) rumbling as they lock eyes.

"Of course. Send them running. The old Viking fallback," Gobber rambles, not noticing the dragons acting odd. "Nice and simple."

Toothless begins to chitter, his senses heightened and his ears perked as he leans to the side. (D/N) growls, his fur ruffling and his claws digging into the wood..

Stoick swiftly moves to the tiller, shoving some of the men aside as they grunt. "Stand aside," Stoick demands, taking control as (D/N)'s  head snaps up, his teeth curled back into snarl,  his eyes turning to slits.

Toothless does the same, rumbling lowly as both dragons face east. Stoick turns the ship, leading the others through the rock maze. The dragons face west this time, making him turn the ship and narrowly avoid jagged rocks.

"Hard to port,"

The Vikings whisper to each other, bracing themselves for the sharp turn.

...

Berk

(Y/N) looks up at the familiar gates holding the Monstrous Nightmare, her hand still in Hiccup's. He swallows nervously, squeezing it hand before releasing as he approaches the gate.

"If you're planning on getting eaten,"
Fishlegs' voice makes him pause and look back. "I'd definitely go with the Gronckle." (Y/N) turns back, happy to see Astrid standing with the other teens.