|𝟴|~Trust ∙

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"—and with one twist, he took my hand, and swallowed it whole!" Gobber continues his story, some of the teens cringe. "And I saw the look on his face..."

He waves around the turkey on his hand. "I was delicious! He must have passed the word because it wasn't a month before another one of them took my leg."

(Y/N) rolls her eyes with a chuckle as the others gasp. She turns towards Hiccup and frowns, watching as he stares blankly into the raging fire.

She gently touches his arm, causing him to jerk his head back and look at her sheepishly. He smiles, nodding his head towards her and squeezing her hand.

They both smile at eachother, neither of them noticing the frowning blonde across from them.

"Isn't it weird to think your hand was inside a dragon?" Fishlegs questions, waving around his two large chicken legs.

"Like, if your mind was still in control of it, you could have killed the dragon from the inside by crushing its heart or something."

Gobber hums in disagreement, wiping his mouth before ripping off the wing of the turkey. "No, it's the wings and the tail you really want. If it can't fly," he wags the wing around, "It can't get away."

Hiccup and (Y/N) look at each other with wide eyes as a sudden realization hits them. "A downed dragon is a dead dragon." Gobber yawns, rising and stretching.

"All right. I'm off to bed. You should be, too. Tomorrow we get to the big boys, slowly but surely making our way up to the Monstrous Nightmare."

...

Hiccup turns to his friend, slightly nodding his head and rising, (Y/N) following closely behind. Their food lay discarded in their seats, nobody noticing as they take their leave.

"But who will win the honor of killing it?"

"It's gonna be me," Tuffnut smirks, leaning back. "It's my destiny, see?" Astrid looks up, her eyes widening when she sees the two gone. She rises and looks around, the others continuing their own conversation as she does so.

She raises a brow as she catches sight of them, Hiccup and (Y/N)'s hand joined as the two make their way to the house, laughing and giggling as they do.

Astrid sighs, shaking her head and making her way back to her seat, her mind elsewhere as everyone continues talking.

...