|𝟭𝟮|~Champions ∙

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The Gronckle flies around the ring, the Nadder stocking around and waiting for its prey to come out. Hiccup peeks around the wooden cover, smiling over at (Y/N) as she peeks behind hers.

She smiles and waves, making him chuckle before jumping when someone joins him.
Astrid glares at Hiccup, slamming his shield down, "Stay out of my way! I'm winning this thing."

She rushes away as he sighs softly, shaking his head as he rises. "Good. Please, by all means!" He looks back, raising his axe at his father as he waves his fist. Hiccup forces a smile before sighing, looking back at the Gronckle.

(Y/N) gasps and ducks behind the cover as the Nadder chitters, slowly walking by. It pauses, sniffing the air before sniffing the ground with a rumble.

She glances up, catching site of her father, the Hofferson couple next to him as they all watch her with expecting eyes. (F/N) nods to his daughter, giving her a thumbs up before gesturing forward. (Y/N) nods, breathing in and out before rushing forward.

...

Astrid peeks out, watching the Nadder slowly make its way back towards (Y/N). She takes in a deep breath before diving behind cover, nodding.

The two teens lock eyes, (Y/N) smiling before nodding to her friend, silently telling her to take down the dragon.

Astrid nods, leaping out from behind the cover and running towards the Nadder. She skids to a stop with wide eyes as the Nadder collapses, purring softly. Hiccup stands in front of it, his hand outstretched slightly as he nervously smiles at Astrid.

"Are you kidding me?!" Astrid shouts, making him flinch as he rubs his neck. (Y/N) sighs heavily, standing up and walking further away from her raging friend.

Astrid growls in anger, gripping the axe tightly before ducking behind cover as the Gronckle flies near. She watches it, grumbling lightly before rolling behind another cover. She races to another, slamming against it with angry breaths.

...

"This time..this time, for sure!" Astrid peeks out before yelling as she leaps over the cover, doing the same to another before she skids to a stop with wide eyes. Hiccup stood in front of the Gronckle, his helmet and weapon on the ground along with the Gronckle.

He shrugs with a nervous smile, gesturing to the Gronckle as the crowd cheers. "No!! You son of a half troll, rat-eating, munge-bucket!" She screams, waving her axe around.
"Astrid!" (Y/N) scolds, the blonde turning to her with a glare.

"Wait, wait!" Stoick calls as Gothi motions for him to lean down. He does so, his eyes widening slightly as he grunts with a nod as he rises.

"I have just been told that there will be two Champions!" Stoick calls as the crowd cheers even louder. "And they will each kill a
Monstrous Nightmare tomorrow."

"So..later," Hiccup nervously mumbles, (Y/N) nodding as the two start to rush off. "Oh, oh!" Gobber hooks Hiccup's collar, shoving (Y/N's face with his other hand. "Not so fast, you two."

"We're kind of..late for-"

"What?!" Astrid demands, her axe pressed against Hiccup's throat. "Late, for what..exactly?" Her eye twitches as (Y/N) shoves the axe away from Hiccup, making him sigh in relief as he rubs his throat.

"Quiet down! The elder has decided!" Stoick calls over the crowd as they begin to calm down.

Gobber walks to the three, raising his hook above Astrid. Gothi shakes her head, making Astrid sigh softly with a frown. The crowd murmurs as Gobber raises a brow, gesturing to (Y/N) and Hiccup.

Gothi smiles and nods, waving her finger in agreement as the crowd begins cheering.
"Oh, no." (Y/N) whispers, her hand gripping
Hiccup's sleeve as he flinches.

"Oh, you've done it you two!" Gobber cheers as Astrid slowly turns, a dangerous look on her face. "You've done it! You get to kill the dragons!" He hugs the two of them as the others rush over

Fishlegs scoops up the two on his shoulders, the twins knocking their heads together and Snotlout cheering. "That's my boy and his..friend? Stoick teases, Hiccup looking away with a blush. (Y/N) looks over the crowd, locking eyes with a disappointed Astrid.

She looks to her and frowns, mouthing an apology as she was carried off. The blonde watches with a sigh as Hiccup reaches out and grips (Y/N)'s hand, a wavering smile on his face.

"Yes, we can't wait.." He nervously laughs, sighing.

"We are...so.."

——