🦋 Chapter 2 🦟

The two cats headed out of the tunnel, and the trees waved silently. They made their way through the undergrowth of their beloved territory, and close to Sunningrocks they continued. The sun had completely faded behind the trees, and now the moon was fully out. The night was cold and dark. Leafpaw's eyes darted back and fourth nervously, as the wind seemed to howl with rage. She shuddered as Frostsnout's broad muscles weaved under her fur. "Don't worry, Leafpaw," Frostsnout began, as she had looked behind her. "It'll be okay." Leafpaw was comforted by her older sister, and padded closer to her. "I was a kit when you were an apprentice." She began. "You're right," Frostsnout answered before she could finish. A yowl of battle echoed as something tumbled into Frostsnout. "Frostsnout!" Leafpaw called desperately as she ran towards the battle. "Get off my sis-" she was cut off, as she realized it was Flameclaw. The beloved deputy of ThunderClan. "Leafpaw! I knew I scented you, do not tell anyone about this, do you understand?" He spat as Frostsnout struggled under his strengthened paws. "This little shecat here refused to be my mate, and now, she must perish!" He hissed as she growled, her claws unsheathed and in his fur, but so was his. "Get off my older sister! Why must she die? She doesn't like you, find another shecat!" She spat, as Flameclaw hissed. Leafpaw lunged upward and into Flameclaw, and the two cats tumbled into a tree. Frostsnout got up with a wounded cheek, as she glanced over to the battle. Flameclaw had his jaw cut under it, and the wound was bleeding rapidly. He turned to Frostsnout and lunged at her again, kicking Leafpaw in the face with his hind legs. She heard two yowls as she hit the ground, her head bleeding as she had hit a rock. She opened her eyes to see blood pouring out of Frostsnout's throat, and her pupils turned to slits. The blood was soaking Flameclaw's fur. Frostsnout looked at her  desperately, her paws flailing to get away from his grasp, but her paws soon slowed as she let out a sigh and lied down. "Frostsnout!" Leafpaw called silently as her vision blurred, and she fell unconscious.