🦋Chapter 3 🐜

The sun arose between the creaks of the trees, and clouds began to form in the new daylight. Leafpaw opened her eyes slowly, to be found in the medicine den. She jolted her head upward. "Where's Frostsnout?" She asked Goldenshade, as the medicine cat turned around. "Moonpaw, tend to Flameclaw's jaw while I talk to Leafpaw." Leafpaw shuddered as the deputy's name was mentioned. Flameclaw! She thought harshly. The traitor who tried to kill me, and Frostsnout! Goldenshade approached Leafpaw, as she sat down. "Leafpaw, I'm sorry, but Frostsnout didn't survive the enemy warrior attack." Enemy warrior attack? She thought. Did Flameclaw lie about her death? What a merciless cat! She opened her mouth to protest, but she seen the harsh glare Flameclaw blowed at her. "Yes, Leafpaw, I'm sorry. I hope this doesn't question how much your clan cares, but we do, and we miss Frostsnout." He meowed calmly and she nodded, in act, when all she really wanted to do was rip his fur off and throw his body in the gorge, never to be found, as it would be washed away by the harsh currents. "I understand. Of course, I'll remain loyal to my birth clan." She meowed, as Cloudkit and Starkit entered. "Leafpaw, you're okay!" The two kits scrambled up to her, and snuggled her. "Of course I am, there's no way I'd leave you two." She purred. She closed her eyes, and felt the two kits curl up beside her, and she then heard their silent, calm snoring. She lied her head down, and fell asleep.