🦋Chapter 4🪳

The day had faded, and Leafpaw was still asleep. Flameclaw's brown eyes shone in the darkness of the medicine cat den. He got up and crept over to where Leafpaw was, with Starkit and Cloudkit. "Psst, Starkit," he meowed as the small shekit blinked awake. "Yes, Flameclaw?" She whispered as he had an evil smile. "Come with me, I must show you something." He purred silently as the small kit got up, and followed blindly. He made his way out of the medicine den, and into the camp's clearing. His jaw still ached from Leafpaw's claws, but it didn't matter. He made his way over to the tunnel of the camp, and made his way up into it. Starkit followed right beside him, and he made his way out of camp. He flicked his tail tip and smiled with his fangs showing out. "Let's make our way to the stream." He meowed as Starkit nodded. His paws thudded silently against the smooth grass floor, and the moonlight made his pelt glow like flames. They eventually made their way out of the shadowy forest, and the distant flowing river sounded. He continued on until he could see the flowing stream shining in the moonlight. "Now Starkit, keep going forward, there, you will see what I wanted to show you." He purred as the shekit tilted her head. "Alright, Flameclaw." She continued on until there was a splash and a small, gurgling yowl. He darted over to the stream, to see the small kit struggling to swim in the water. "Help me, Flameclaw, help me!" She yowled as the water threw her around. "Oh you fool. Don't you see? I led you here, to do this to you." Her eyes widened as he shoved her underwater more with his paw. He eventually felt no more swimming, meaning she had either died or sank deeper into the river. He saw the river still splashing slowly, meaning she was drowning more underwater.