ʜᴀɴᴀʜᴀᴋɪ ᴅɪsᴇᴀsᴇ - ꜰᴜʙᴜᴋɪ ᴀᴛsᴜʏᴀ

Requested one-shot!!  

⚠️⚠️ SMALL MENTION OF SUICIDE!! 

No one's POV

The boy clutched his chest, gasping for air. He ran to the bathroom and immediately dropped to his knees. He held up his hair with one of his hands so that it was out of the way. Coloured petals fell out of his mouth and into the water, the boy began to cough them all up. The pain was unbearable, but he didn't know what to do about it. He refused to tell anyone about what had been happening to him. No one would believe him. Once he was done, he lifted his head up and let go of his soft salmon coloured hair. He flushed the toilet and washed his hands. He then made sure there was no more petals left in sight before exiting the bathroom.

"Atsuya, what took you so long?" A girl said. She was sitting on the sofa with her legs crossed and a Nintendo switch in her hands. "I've been waiting ages!" 

"Sorry, Y/n. I got a distracted on my way to the bathroom." Atsuya apologied. He then sat beside Y/n and admired her face as she played on the Nintendo switch. It didn't matter that he wasn't playing with her, he was fine with just watching. "No, you put that one over here.." he pointed to the corner of the screen. "Then it will work." Y/n listened to his advice and did as she was told.

"Atsuya I can't do this!" Y/n said, passing the switch over to him. "Can you help me?" She asked nicely. 

"Of course." He muttered quietly. Eventually, the two began to play together on the switch. Atsuya beat her in all of the games, as always. Soon enough, he allowed her to win one game before beating her in all of the others once again. As the two were competing against each other in a racing game, Y/n's phone began to ring. The duo both turned their heads over to the phone and Stared at the phone.

"I'll get it~" she stood up and picked up her phone. She held it to her ear and began to speak. "Hey Aki.. oh actually? Yeah, I'll be there, bye." Y/n hung up the phone and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Atsuya said. He then began to cough and he clutched his chest once again.

"Aki needs me to help her out with some things." Y/n said, picking up her bag. Atsuya continued to cough and noticed a petal falling out of his mouth. He quickly grabbed it and held it in his hands. The girl looked over at him as he violently coughed. His back was facing her so she could really see anything he was doing. "Are you okay? You keep coughing?—" Y/n reached her hand out to touch his shoulders but he slapped it away.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just go to Kino, okay?" Atsuya said as he wiped his lip. "I need to do something really quickly, I'll see you tomorrow." Atsuya quickly walked away and ran into the nearest room, which was his elder brother's room. Y/n stared at him in confusion, but then decided to leave him alone. The girl exited the house and shut the door behind her, she then began to head over to Aki's house.

Atsuya slammed the door open and collapsed on the bed. His elder brother took notice in this and immediately left his desk and rushed over to the salmon haired boy.

"Atsuya?" He yelled, gently grabbing his brother's shoulders. Atsuya was violently coughing up flower petals again. Once his coughing fit was over, Shirou gave him a glass of water and pat him on the back. "It's getting worse, isn't it?" Atsuya slowly nodded.

"I've even started to cough up blood now.." Atsuya pulled said, taking a sip of water, "I don't know what to do anymore. She obviously doesn't have feelings for me."

"Just get the surgery, Atsuya." 

"No!" Atsuya raised his voice. "Are you crazy! You know what happens if I get surgery for the flowers in my lungs."