Prologue

(A/n: I'm gonna say this first. I have no knowledge of football at all.

I was only introduced to it by blue lock and I immediately wanted to create a fanfic before my ideas gets taken. You can criticize me all you want as long as you take what I said into account.

Of course I will study football from now on but I'm a slow learner so I guess it will take a long amount of time considering football's complexity. Anyways, that's all. Hope you enjoy...atleast.)

---

In the world of football, it is possible to produce elite goal keepers, defenders, and mid fielders.

However, the same cannot be said of strikers.

After all, a first rate striker is one...

Who appears in football's most critical moment.

---

"Hmm I've already memorized all the simulations of arguments that might occur...the only thing left is to execute them perfectly to convince those diamonds in the rough..."

A man with a bowl cut wearing a black button up shirt talked to himself while driving a car.

The man looks like he barely gets enough sleep and has a long neck creating quite a creepy impression.

"Through this project...my dream will finally have a chance to come true..."

His grip on the steering wheel tightens as his eyes intensified.

"I...will never let this project fail even if it kills me."

He said with voice full of determination before silence continued in his car.

--

While driving in silence, he noticed a mini football field with people playing in it. From the looks of it, it appears that it's just a friendly match.

Seeing this, the man thought for a bit before coming to a decision as he slows down his car before stopping near the entrance.

"Might as well watch for a little. Who knows if there's a diamond hiding here..."

He said to no one before going out of the car and walking towards a bench where a lone boy is sitting and also watching the match.

'If there's no one to sought for here, then it's alright, I will just be a little late to the meeting. However, if there is, then I will never forgive myself for that...'

After all, he is a man who believes that only a fool waits for luck to happen to them instead of doing their best to at least increase their chances.

Such is the philosophy of this man called Ego Jinpachi.

--

Meanwhile, the boy who is watching the match while sitting on the bench is currently lost in his thoughts.

'Should I try playing football? I barely know anything about it but just observing this match reveals that it's a little bit more complicated than basketball...'

'I've been trying to find the sport that can make my heart race for 3 years...I hope this is it-'

"What's the score?"

His thoughts got cut off by a question. Hearing this, he didn't bother looking at the source.

"2-1"

"Hmm"

The voice got closer before the man from before sat beside him.

"Are you waiting for a new player to come in to join them?"