Chapter 4: The name's Enryu Kaiser. Nice to meet you, football world

[3435 words 🍑 chapter]

|3rd person pov|

After the three reached the room, the number on the ranking device attached on their uniform changed.

Kaiser's ranking have gone up to 265th earning a praise from his teammates. Well, not all of them as the guy named Raichi just clicked his tongue clearly annoyed on getting surpassed by a newbie.

They all pretty much guessed that he would inevitably rank higher than them since it's obvious just from watching him break records upon records during endurance tests.

It won't even surprise them if he actually broke multiple guinness world records.

For example, his vertical jump alone is a whopping 167.1 cm (65.7 inches).

According to Kuon who actually remembers the world record of jumping somehow because he googled it one time, his jump was 2 cm higher than the record which is 165.1 cm (65 inches) if he remembered correctly.

Seeing his ranking, Kaiser, with his genius mind, have already seen through Ego's plans though he didn't bother revealing them for his own fun since he knows that it's vital for making his teammate's egos bloom which is the project's main goal.

Though of course this didn't stopped him from smiling knowingly and smugly at the monitor where he knew Ego is watching him through it warily getting ready to stop him from giving vital information to his teammates.

After a couple of minutes, Ego then appeared on the screen ignoring Kaiser before he explained that 25 players have been expelled from the facility shattering his not so smart teammate's delusions of actually ranking up from the bottom ranks.

Specially Igaguri who fell on his knees comically after figuring out that he is now the total last ranked player in the whole facility.

Although Kaiser and some of them chuckled as Ego used Kira's elimination video, which is him getting smacked on the back of his head by the ball as he fall face first on the ground, as his video example of the 'Lock out' individuals. What a cruel man.

After that, Ego declared that there's 2 hours left before their match as all of them goes to their team's locker room after finishing their breakfast and bath.

They then put on their team Z uniforms on top of their standard uniforms as they try to figure out what strategy and positions they will be playing for the match.

After some suggestions, they decided that the forward of their team will be decided by rock paper scissors and the other positions will be filled based on their ranks.

Kaiser then won as a bunch of complaints sounded from some of his teammates saying that letting a newbie as their striker will lessen their chances of winning.

Kaiser understands that their complaints are reasonable though he of course will not let go of the position since he obtained it through fair means.

After that, they did warm ups and random talks while waiting before Ego finally told them to go to the field.

-

|Isagi's pov|

*Thump thump*

*Thump thump*

I had my right hand on my chest as I felt my heartbeat speed up due to nervousness.

We are currently walking in a similar dark hallway leading to a football field.

'To be honest, I'm not expecting a game this soon...by the way, what did Ego mean by playing football from scratch? What's his plan?'

I wondered before kicking those thoughts out from my mind. I need to focus so distracting thoughts are not allowed.