Chapter 3: SSS

Chapter 3: SSS

(A/n: I think it's more fun when the story is in Isagi's pov so I'll make him the narrator of the major parts...)

|Isagi's pov|

-3 days later-

It's been 3 days since the game of tag that Ego-san made us play. Ever since then, we've been doing mainly endurance tests.

And, currently, it's very early in the morning, a couple of hours before the match, as I can't sleep due to nervousness. It's definitely bad specially since I have a game to play in a few hours but I can't do anything about it.

Thinking of something that can ease my nervousness, my mind wandered on the events that happened before the 3 days of nothing but endurance training.

With Kai's incredible bicycle shot, Kira's future as a japanese player ended.

After that, Kira muttered some words for a few seconds seemingly possessed before it lead to him snapping out of anger as he tried to punch Kai to which Kai easily evaded while laughing before countering him with a punch of his own making Kira pass out with a smashed and broken nose.

I don't know anything about fighting but even I can tell that he's also a master when it comes to the art of fighting. What a scary guy. I can just imagine what kind of life he has gone through to become the monster that he is currently.

Ego then stepped in appearing in the monitor as he made him carry Kira outside as his punishment to which he happily obeyed with his unchanging nonchalance before he carried Kira like a sack of potatoes outside...

After Kai came back, he then declared Kira out of blue lock before he moved on like nothing happened as he explained how the tag he made us play was actually all about football.

Things like the length and width of the room is similar to the penalty area, how being "it" and not requires skills from a striker, how the time given to us is the average time a player holds the ball during a game- things like those.

And then, after that, he explained the rules.

Apparently, we will play as a team against other teams in this strata (which is the lowest strata among five stratas), in a round robin tournament style. He also explained the points system of match outcomes, the deduction of points incase of foul plays, and lastly, the way to pass even if your team is expelled which is to be the one to score the most goals.

It's basically a system that encourages us to be selfish and just play for our own goals...well, that's what I think atleast.

There's also the highly competitive rules even in the most important things such as food and training equipments. Basically, everything is decided by your rank in the facility. If you have a high rank, then you get to eat and train in luxury. If not, then you get the exact opposite.

That's the cruel but logical rule that Ego placed in this facility.

But still...fried egg sucks man...it's the side dish that I've been eating everyday for 3 whole days...I'm already sick of it...

Anyways, those are all the things that happened before he made us do the 3 days endurance tests.

And, as expected, the one who is topping all of them is non other than Kai.

During the tests, Kai easily crushed all of our records. Even the new number 1, that dude called Bachira, cannot even be compared to him.

Compared to me...

Ah shit. Thinking about him just made me more nervous.

'By the way...'

That Kaizer...except for the weird dude, everyone in the team avoids talking to him...well, I can't really blame them. The dude was so nonchalant even though he just made someone pass out with a punch which is abnormal. They probably want to avoid talking to him lest they somehow made him angry. There's also the unapproachable air around him that makes one hesitate to approach him...