Chapter 2: Cheat

|Isagi's pov|

[Kickoff!!!]

With Ego-san's signal, Kai started to dribble his way to us.

From the smile on his face, it's like he's not worried about his current situation at all...

Looking at him, I noticed that his dribbling...

...

-Sucks?

It's like he's a complete new-

[Oh right, I almost forgot. The special case that I told you is the guy who's holding the ball currently.]

Cutting my thoughts, Ego-san's voice sounded from the monitor.

'Does that mean that Kai is a special case? What does that mean...'

Hearing Ego-san's voice, Kai also stopped as his grin widened. Every single player also stopped moving to listen to him.

[He does not know how to play football at all. Actually, this is his first time actually playing a game about football.]

[Now that all of you knows his case, if anyone of you who has already played for years actually lost to him, then you should know that you are worth less than a complete newbie.]

[That's all. You can now continue.]

What...

"Thanks for explaining to them yourself, Ego-chan. Now that they know that, the embarrassment that I'm feeling was atleast lessened." Kai spoke before looking at us.

"What he said was the truth so..."

He then steps at the ball.

"Don't lose to me, okay? That would be very embarassing." He then continued his dribble as he makes his way towards Kira.

Seeing him, Kira started running away from him.

"W-why are you targeting me, Kai-kun!? Don't you see the guy sleeping there!? Wouldn't it be easier to target him!?" He protested while running away.

The sleeping guy that he was talking about is a guy with long hair reaching the neck with some yellow streaks. He is sucking his thumb like a baby while murmuring something. Does he not care about his football career? What a weirdo.

"I don't care about targeting a guy who's not the number 1. Isn't it only natural to aim for the strongest? You're number one in this room so you're my target. It's as simple as that, Kira."

Number 1?...Oh, now that I see Kira's number, he has the lowest number in this room which means that he is the strongest here based on Ego-san's judgement...

Kai then stopped when he closed the gap between them.

Kai seems to be extremely fast to the point that he easily caught up to Kira who is the top player in this room.

Maybe that's why Ego-san let him enter even though he never played football...

"Don't hold it against me, okay? I'm just a mouse who is trying to survive in a jungle full of lions. You understand, right?" After saying that, he then kicked the ball towards Kira.

"Poom!!!*

What the hell...

"Wha-!!"

Even though the shot was so fast, Kira was able to avoid it by a hair's breadth.

'I wouldn't have been able to avoid that...'

"Oh shucks. My aim sucks." Said Kai nonchalantly as he chased the ball.