Chapter 1: A not so average game of Tag

[Kai's pov]

"Hey, man. Did you not see the note on the invitation that says to come in uniform? You look so out of place."

A voice entered my ear. Looking at the source, I saw a boy around my age who looks like your typical isekai protagonist.

Everything about him screams of boringness.

Well, let's not judge the book by its cover. Especially me myself who've experienced the consequences of doing exactly that.

"Nah~ I wear what I want." I answered him as I put my hand at the back of my head.

I answered with a little lie. I can't be bothered to explain to him what exactly happened since that's just a waste of time.

"A-ahaha I see...I'm Isagi by the way and this is...Kira-kun." He then gestured on another dude walking at our direction who waved at me with a smile.

This one looks like your typical goody two shoes ikemen.

"Hello there, I'm Kaizer but you can just call me Kai."

After talking for a bit about random things, the light turned off leaving only the light following the man on the stage on.

Looks like it's about to begin.

--

[Skip Ego's speech]

--

"Now that's...a striker, don't you think so?" With his creepiest smile, Ego finished his speech.

'And...it looks like this dude beside me is so convinced that he looks like he's possessed.'

Looking at my side, Isagi looks like he is in his own world.

After a second, he finally snapped out of it as he started running ignoring us.

"Huh? Isagi-kun?"

As if he created a domino effect, everyone, even Kira who argued back to Ego, also started running towards the doors while Ego had his usual creepy smile as he lifts up his glasses with his fingers awfully similar to the "All according to plan" anime schtick.

Well, I can't really say that I was also not convinced by his speech.

I bet that if this dude was a lawyer, then he can win even the losing cases just by his words alone. That's how good this creepy dude is in convincing others.

Meanwhile, I just stayed for now. It's not like I'm not going but I don't want to join the chaos of entering those doors so I'll wait for all of them to enter. Some dudes seems to be in the same wavelength as me since they also just stood there while watching the chaos near the door.

After a few minutes, everyone finally entered the door. Well, except for 4 people including me.

"You two not going?" I asked the two. The 3rd person is Ego by the way.

"Nah, too much pain in the ass. Let's just go home, Reo." The one playing games in his phone said. He has a white hair and cyan eyes.

From his words, he's the lazy the type. Meanwhile, the dude whose name apparently is Reo is a dude with purple hair.

"C'mon Nagi!-"

Nagi is his name huh...well, whatever. Why am I even analyzing them anyway. I really hate this habit of mine.

Ignoring them, I also walked towards the door.

When I was infront of the door, I was stopped by a familiar voice coming from my back. He was by the door but I ignored him since I have nothing to say to him. Looks like that's not the case for him.