Chapter 1

It was the first day after summer holidays and it was six o'clock when my alarm clock destroyed my dreams from the last six weeks. I tried to hit the snooze button but I couldn't reach it.

Reluctantly I got up and stopped the clock from beeping itself to death. Yeah I know, a bit too dramatic but okay. . .

"Kim honey? Are you awake?" I heard my mum shout from downstairs.

"Yeah."

I went to my ensuite bathroom and took a quick shower to fresh myself for this oh-so-wonderful first day of school. This year I'm a junior and there's alot of work coming towards me. But I'm an A-student. I can handle with that stuff easily.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not the type of girl that sits at home all day, locked in her room and studies the whole day. That kind of girl that only sees the daylight when she goes to school. No, not at all. I'm a normal girl that loves to hang out with friends, parties a lot and that type of girl that actually never learns because I'm just way too lazy. The reason that I get my A's is simply that I listen to the teachers during the lesson. That's it. Well . . .not to all teachers. There's this one subject I suck at. It's history.

I mean, seriously, who cares about what had happened in the past?

I prefer talking about the Here and Now. So in history, I always doodle during the lessons.

I put a bit of make up on and straightened my long light-brown hair.

"Kim." Mum yelled again. "Hurry up. You are late."

I glanced at my clock and it said 6.53. Ooops. I have to leave at 7. I pulled on some tight jeans and a white tshirt combined with a simple grey cardigan. Then I jumped into my black converse and grabbed my bag.

"Morning mum." I took the toast she handed me and began to eat quickly.

"Morning darling. Lazy, were we?" she smiled warmly. She knew exactly how I was like. I love to spend the most time of the morning in the shower and that's why I forget the time very often.

I nodded and took a sip from my orange juice.

From outside I heard Skyes' carhorn. That's my signal.

"Okay mum, bye." I gave her a quick hug and turned around to leave.

"Bye honey. Have a nice day as junior." she shouted behind me.

Oh right...there was something with junior.

"Yoo what's up KeyKey." my best friend Skye greeted me as I got in her blue ford focus.

"Naww..don't call me that." I muttered back. She knew that I hated it when she called my KeyKey. Come on, it sounds like I'm a chick. And I'm not.

She chuckled and turned on her radio whilst we were driving towards the Hell. Also called ' Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School.' But I don't often use that name. It's simply THE HELL.

Icona Pops' I love it came and Skye turned the volume up and we both began to sing. We've jammed so much to this song on partys during the summer and it brings back the memories of the past weeks which were incredible.

I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone.

I crashed my car into the bridge, I watched, I let it burn.

I threw your shit into a bag and pushed it down the stairs.

I crashed my car into the bridge.

I don't care, I love it, I don't care.

You're on a different road, I'm in the milky way