Prologue

20TH NOVEMEBER 2016
OMNISCIENT
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK
23:08PM

—————

I love the air u breathe and only u - thuggerthugger1

—————

Karter stared up at the ceiling, annoyed at the amount of heat in her room. She pushed her duvet to the side, letting it hit the wall, and got up deciding to get something to eat. She walked past her cousins room and made her way to the kitchen grabbing some chips ahoy cookies and placing them in a paper napkin.

When she got back to her room, she took her phone off her nightstand, removing the charger, and instantly went to Snapchat thinking that by the end of it all she would be able to go back to sleep. She was soon cut short when she heard a knock on the window; realising it could only be on person, she dropped the things in her hand before opening the window, revealing Kareem.

"Fuck, It's mad brick out there" Kareem spoke as he came in, taking off the black hoodie and throwing it on the desk chair.

"Why didn't you text me you was coming?" "I coulda opened the door" Karter said sitting back down on her bed, prompting Kareem to come towards her, sitting next to her.

"'Cuz it's quicker this way" he said lowly before pulling her on top of him, allowing her to straddle him.

He attached his lips to hers, the slow kiss causing Karter to close her eyes in ecstacy. He began to rub her thigh before placing his tongue in her mouth. She grabbed his hand in an attempt to inch it further, causing him to laugh before pulling away from her.

"Relax Monae" he smiled, Karter rolled her eyes in return before trying to get off of him.

He pushed her back down before asking "You going to work tomorrow?" In reference to her part-time job at her aunt's salon.

"Mhm, then I'm going back to my dad's crib"

"Damn, I thought you was gon' be staying 'til thanksgiving"

"Nah, my dads off work so he wanna spend some time with me" "We gonna come back on Tuesday though and then I'm gon' stay"

"Ight, you want me to drive you home?"

"I thought you was gonna be in the studio with Malachi and the rest of them"

"Yeah bu-"

"You don't have to do that for me Reem" she said caressing the back of his head and playing with his ear "If you paying for the shit then you should be there the whole time".

"It's cool, you actin' like it's gon' take hours" he said causing her to ever so slightly laugh "Besides, I'll do anything for you, I Promise U That"

——————————