III

12TH OCTOBER 2021
KARTER MONAE HENDERSON
OMNISCIENT
QUEENS, NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK
13:27PM

—————

Fly shit only - @lildurk

—————

'Till the wheels fall off' by A Boogie Wit da Hoodie played through Karter's AirPods as she observed the buildings she was passing by. Her Uber pulled into one of the parking garages at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

As the Uber came to a halt, Karter and her driver simultaneously got out of the car, allowing him to walk to the trunk of his car, pulling out Karter's luggage. She readjusted her bag on her shoulder before getting her suitcase from his hands, returning the gesture with a nice smile. She said a quick thank you, and walked away deciding to give him a small $10 tip on the Uber app.

Her music was cut short when she got a call from Soriah; she answered the phone, reducing the volume as she found it was too loud.

"Karter, are you at the airport yet?" she immediately heard once answering, hearing a hint of urgency in her voice.

"Mhm, where you at though?" she asked genuinely curious; Karter didn't like being late especially to something as expensive and hopefully memorable like this trip.

"Me and Jada in the Uber right now" she spoke, Karter being able to hear that she was stuck in some traffic, she said in reference to her cousin "Ion know about 'Cici and Niyah though"

Karter and Soriah had met Jodeci in high school. Although she wasn't as close with her as she was with Soriah, she always though highly of her and loved their friendship; the way the girls wouldn't see each other for a while but once together would act as normal, a low maintenance friendship is what Karter would call it.

Aniyah on the other hand met Soriah three years ago around graduation. Karter was cordial with her, but would never call Aniyah a close personal friend. As long as Soriah was okay with her, she would be too.

"Okay, just tell me when you get here, and tell Jada I said 'hi'" she said, hanging up before Soriah could answer. Not out of anger, she just didn't like to be on phone calls for too long when in public; unnecessary anxiety.

She continued to walk toward the check-in area, hoping that everyone that would get to the airport in time.

—————

12TH OCTOBER 2021
KARTER MONAE HENDERSON
OMNISCIENT
ORANJESTAD, ARUBA
23:43PM

Karter began to stir in the bed, immediately being met with the darkness that filled her and Jodice's shared hotel room once she opened her eyes. She sat up slightly, seeing the light from Jodeci's phone to her left, prompting her to grab her phone and check the time.

"You still awake 'Cici?" she asked quietly, just in case she was indeed asleep whilst rubbing her eyes, trying to become more alert.

"Mhm, you only just woke up?" she asked. The girls had arrived in Aruba around 7:45 and once checked in Karter instantly went up to the room as she was exhausted from the both the day before and long journey, whilst the other girls went and got something to eat.