VIII

27TH NOVEMBER 2021
KARTER MONAE HENDERSON
OMNISCIENT
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK
18:32PM

—————

If u can see the vision u can achieve the vision - @MariahScientist

—————

"Be good, okay" Aunt Jay said as she stood in the doorway,  pointing at Jh'ream, earning a reluctant nod "Call me if she try anything" she then said, focusing her attention on Karter making Jh'ream slickly roll her eyes.

"Okay aunty, we'll be okay though" she said, offering her a reassuring smile.

"I hope so, love you" she said, inching towards the door making Karter give her a warm hug before she readjusted her handbag and walked off.

"Love you too, bye guys" Karter said, waving at Jay and her two sons as they walked off, smiling once she shared two small 'byes' from the boys.

"Finally" Jh'ream said as walked deeper into the apartment, making Karter laugh slightly.

She closed the door to her apartment, ensuring she used both locks, before turning around to walk to the open space that her living room and kitchen shared.

"I need to come 'round here more often" Jh'ream said as she looked around the apartment in admiration.

"That's not gon' work with me girl, I like being alone"

"You won't even know I'm here foreal" she pleaded with Karter before taking her blue iPhone XR off the counter as a notification came through.

"What you wanna eat?" Karter asked, feeling herself getting hungrier by the minute; she had put it off since she wasn't in the mood to cook anything or waste any money but she couldn't let her guest starve, so she went with the better option.

"Chipotle" Jh'ream responded; Karter noticed the huge grin on her face as she clicked on the Uber Eats app, but wasn't aware of whether it was from the thought of eating food or the person she had been texting.

She decided to mind her business, considering she didn't want to approach Jh'ream in a hostile manner resulting in lost trust between the two. She also knew that at sixteen, privacy was sacred, so she let it go, deciding to allude to that when they have that serious conversation she had been planning.

"You want a bowl right?"

"Of course" she said as she put her phone down, grabbing her book-bag before saying "I'm gonna go shower"

"Okay, you remember where the bedrooms at, right?" she asked, referring to her guest bedroom which she had cleaned up in time for Jh'ream's arrival.

The young girl simply nodded and walked toward the hallway, making Karter look back down at her phone, ordering two Garlic Guajillo steak burrito bowls with chips as a side.

Once she had finished ordering her food, she walked back over to her couch, wrapping herself in the white blanket before resuming an episode of Criminal minds, one of her favourite shows. Her rewatch was soon interrupted by an incoming facetime from Sy'mere, making Karter observe herself through the screen; pushing the loose curls from her bun out of her face ensuring she looked decent enough.