9

"Arthur, are you coming drinking tonight? We missed you last week!" Alfred began to pout. I laughed at him as I began to gather my things together. "I would, but Francis is making dinner tonight, and I would rather hang out with him than you lots," I laughed. "Ooh, Am I hearing wedding bells?" Yao asked. "Yes, hopefully... I think I want to propose to him soon! Once this case is over and done with, I think I would love to take him away somewhere and ask," I smiled. "Bro! that is amazing! I think I would actually cry!" Alfred laughed.

"Arthur, I got that information you asked about for the case you have been working on," Kiku spoke. I smiled at him and took the files. "God, you are still working on that thing? That is dedication," Yao spoke. "Yeah, but he has it! Arthur is the best!" Alfred laughed. "Yeah, but it sucks that it has been dragging out for so long. If I do not get any closer to solving it, I will have to cold case it, which I have never done before," I explained. I finally packed up my things and began waving at them. "I will see you all tomorrow! be safe!" I smiled.

I did not waste time going home; I was ready to see Francis. He improved my days, and even as I drowned myself in the daily horrors of the case, he made me happy.

~

Once I arrived home, I happily walked through the doors. "My love!" I called. "Arthur! how was your day!" He cheered. I smiled at him, quickly took my shoes off, and threw my stuff on the floor. "Darling!" I cheered. I jumped into his arms, and he held me tightly. The smell of his cologne and his body's warmth was comforting. He pulled my face to look at him, and he began to kiss my cheeks. "I love you; I love you; I love you!" He laughed. I laughed at his behavior and separated from him. "What are you making?" I asked, excited.

He walked back over to the stove and began to stir the pot. "I actually made your favorite," He explained. I began to unbutton my shirt and stared at him. "How were your classes?" I asked. "Ah, they were great; I think I want to go back to school, maybe teach at the university level," He spoke. "That would be amazing!" I cheered.

"You would make a great Professor!"

"Arthur, don't flatter me! I will have to marry you!" He laughed. I felt my heart beating faster. "I mean, why not," I laughed. He turned to me, and a smile was spread across his face. "Oh? Are you asking me to marry you?" He asked. I felt my face get red and slowly nodded my head. "Sure, why not?" I asked. He tilted his head at me, and he nodded. "You have to say the words," He spoke. I laughed and nodded. "Francis, will you marry me?" I asked.

He smiled brightly and began to chuckle.

Then suddenly, he stopped.

He looked confused, and I looked at him, concerned.

That's when his face changed from confused to horrified within seconds. "ARTHUR! BEHIND YOU!" He yelled. My eyes widened, and I reached for my gun. I turned quickly, but I was only given a second to see the man before I saw him swing.

~

"He...lp..."

"Shut up!"

"Pl..ea..se.. Ar..th..ur....Help"

I was slowly starting to regain consciousness, but it was hard. I suddenly heard bashing noises and was confused about what was happening. "SHUT UP!"

I turned my head slowly and saw how a familiar feature caught my eye. His hand lay on the floor, moving slightly as if force would move him around.

Within a few minutes, my eyesight finally focused. I heard noises that were gross to listen to. I looked around and saw blood on the walls and the floor. It caused me to shoot up with adrenaline. I stood a little wobbly, but it soon faded as I stared, horrified.

I saw a man standing over Francis, his body limp and lifeless. How could it be? There was no more blood left inside him. The man finally looked at me and stood up, pulling out more of his intestines.

I watched him horrified, and he began to smile at me. "This is what you get?"

"What...Have you done!" I yelled. I looked at Francis, horrified, and the man began to laugh. "This is not my fault! This is yours! You killed him, detective! This was all you!" he laughed. I felt angry and quickly pulled out my gun.

The man laughed as I pulled the trigger, shooting him multiple times in the stomach. The man fell to the ground, and I immediately used my phone to call for help.

"Francis?" I cried. I began to walk toward him and started sobbing as I saw his entire body. "Francis?...hey, wake up," I cried. I fell to my knees and immediately began to hyperventilate. "Hey, it's going to be okay," I spoke. I crawled over to him, getting his blood all over me. I pulled his head onto my lap and began crying over him.

"Please...wake up...Francis...Please...I promise I won't complain about your food anymore...I will buy you that fancy shirt you saw the other day...Please..."

"Please, stop messing with me...we were going to get married..."

"I am sorry....please forgive me!" I sobbed.

~

Within minutes police and ambulance came and stood horrified at sight. "Please, help him..."I cried.

Alfred suddenly came in, and he looked horrified. "Please, he needs help..."

"Get him away," Alfred spoke. He had tears falling from his eyes, and someone suddenly grabbed me. "NO! HE NEEDS HELP! HELP HIM!  HE IS GOING TO DIE!" I yelled. I pushed myself out of their grasp and fell to the floor, crying. "Arthur, you can not be here right now," Alfred spoke. He pulled me to my feet, and he had to hand over his duties to someone else so that he could be with me.