Prologue

A 35-year-old woman whose name is Son Yejin is working in one of the biggest companies in Seoul. She works as a staff in finance. They consist of four people in a team under Manager Yoo. A week ago, the director of their company entered retirement and today a new director is coming to take the place.

"Hello, good morning, everyone. Hi, Good morning, Yejin." Manager Yoo greets them by bringing them cups of coffee.

"Thank you, Manager Yoo." the four of them answered in unison. The atmosphere that morning became awkward because of Yoo Jin Woo's unusual arrival, especially when he brought coffee and his eyes fell on one of his subordinates.

"Please enjoy your coffee. Happy working."  Yoo Jin Woo left the room waving his hand to Yejin.

"Doesn't that seem very real?" Jeon Mido suddenly appeared in front of Yejin with her eyes bulging.

"What is it?"

"Doesn't that look real, Kim Ji Hyun, Yeon Woo Jin?" Mido asked to get her two friends.

Yeon Woo Jin glanced at her while typing something then chimed in, "Stop teasing her.  I'm sure what you're thinking isn't true."

"Right, even though Manager Yoo likes our prettiest friend, I'm sure she won't mind it either, please tell me the reason, Ji Hyun."  Mido said which made Yejin shake her head.

"It because she still can't move on from her ex-boyfriend." Ji Hyun replied.

"I wonder who her ex-boyfriend is." Mido teased Yejin again who was trying to stay focused on work even though her friends were teasing her.

"Hey, you guys didn't go to the new Director's welcoming party?" a friend from another division greeted them from outside the room.

The four of them simultaneously shook their heads and answered no. "One minute of our time is precious." Mido answered then.

"Alright, I heard that our new Director is young and very handsome. Aren't you interested?"

"Ehmm, Yejin is the only single woman here and I don't think she would be interested. It's okay, we prefer to educate ourselves for this company." she answered again.

They continued to work and occasionally teased Yejin again but unexpectedly, Manager Yoo and the new Director entered their room to have a look and at the same time introduce themselves because they would be interacting with the Director quite often.

"Introducing our new director, Director Hyun."  Manager Yoo introduces the new director to his subordinates.

Yejin who originally focused on her computer screen now turned to look at someone who was standing in front of their office door. She was so shocked that her eyes bulged and her heart skipped a beat.

Author Note :

I created a new story that will replace "The Last Chance" and "Mistake".

I plan to make only a few parts in this story but it depends on the reader's enthusiasm. :))

Hope you guys like this new story.

Um, Can you give your vote in the comments column? Yes or No?