Kai x reader

You are Pelia with black eyes and black long hairs. You are a school student.

Pelia 's pov..

Being in this world means being selfish..

I was staring at my book while sitting in the library when I was pulled out of my trance by the loud sound of the school bell ringing at the top of its capacity.

I shut the book and put it back to its place before heading to my first class of the day. Usually, I spend an hour, studying in the library but due to some reasons, I find myself pondering over one or the other thing more often these days.

I sighed and entered the class. I went to my seat beside the window and sat there. Its almost the time for our midterms and I am expecting a project from the teacher kinda soon now.

There was still time for the class to begin so I took out my book and started revising the syllabus.

As usual, the girls were talking about their boyfriends, crushes and boys but I wasn't interested even a bit in this, so I just centred my focus on the book.

For some seconds, suddenly, the whole class went silent and I felt a strange feeling rising inside me. I looked up and saw a dual haired boy entering the class with a bored look. The girls went silent because they were busy in admiring the most popular boy in the school. Kai.

Even I was stealing some glances at him. Afterall, I also am a normal girl and it's obvious to have some little bit feelings for someone, right?

A small uncontrollable smile appeared on my lips as he went to sit on his seat and took out his book as well.

The girls soon got back to their gossiping which got dismissed at the entry of teacher.

As I was expecting, teacher announced about a project work.

"As you all may know that the midterms are close, so you'll be getting project work. The scores will be added to your final results, so you need to take this one seriously. You all will be doing this with a partner and I'll be pairing you up." She announced.

Partner? I guess it will be fine too. I am curious as to who will be my partner!! Just then I heard "Kai and Pelia."

....

...

D-Did she just say what I think she said?! I am partnered with Kai?!!

That's the best day ever!!!!!

I saw as some girls looked disappointed as some mumbled that it should be them. But it's me! Hehe I am really glad!

After a couple of classes, it was now recess time. I thought to go out so that I could have some peaceful time to myself.

I sat on the bench outside but soon, I saw someone standing in front of me. I looked up and saw Kai standing there. As he saw that I was looking at him, he said "Didn't mean to disturb you just wanted to tell you that  I will do the project myself on both of ours behalf."

I was already at a loss of words, thinking that he was talking to me when he said a thing, it just snatched away even the idea of what to say from my mind.

I looked at him wide eyed as he turned to leave. In a desperate attempt to stop him, I called out to him "Kai!" He stopped and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

No! He can't do that project alone! Its not because I wanna spend time with him or anything! I was just fine by seeing him in the class everyday but.. I want the grades that I deserve!! I want to work on that project and get a score that I deserve for the outcome.