[05]First Day

Jane and Y/N arrived at the police station before 8 AM.

Having a slice of toast each for breakfast, along with a mug of black coffee each, they set off at 7 AM, arriving at the station just after 10 past.

When they arrived, there was a car in the parking lot. They knew it could not be Fischer's car, they would have recognised it.

When they stepped into the station, an officer was sitting at the desk.

He wore the navy blue police uniform and was busy on the computer when they walked in.

They didn't go unnoticed by him, and he looked up and smiled at them both.

He was of average height and had a decent build for a police officer. He had short thick dark hair and brown eyes that seemed to sparkle as he spoke to Y/N and Jane.

"You must be the big guns the commish was talking about." He stood up as he spoke, and he extended his hand. Jane looked at his name badge; OFFICER GASKINS

 Jane looked at his name badge; OFFICER GASKINS

Cilian Murphy as Henry Gaskins

She shook his hand, then it was Y/N's turn, "I'm Detective Y/N L/N, this is Detective Jane Banner,"

Officer Gaskins smiled at them both, "Officer Gaskins, but you can call me Henry."

"How long have you been a police officer, Henry?" Y/N asked.

"Nearly 10 years." Henry said with pride, "What about you guys?" "Not as long as you" Y/N smiled, "Nearly seven years for both of us"

"Really? You both look so young." Henry replied.

'We graduated when we were 22 and then started in Crime Scene Analysis a little while later and then moved up to detective rank a little over 5 years ago: Jane explained.

The officer picked a white mug with the SPD - Sandpoint Police Department — logo on the side, and he took a slurp of his drink.

Then he smiled, "You two have been in this biz together all that time huh?"

Jane nodded.

"That's nice, you two make a cute couple"

Jane cleared her throat and Y/N looked away awkwardly, "We're not a couple." Jane said.

"Oh, sorry" Officer Gaskins spoke.

Thankfully, Fischer walked into the station before Y/N and Jane were stuck with finding an answer.

"Good morning Detectives. Officer Gaskins"

"Morning." The officer spoke, "Have a good night Commish?"

Fischer nodded, 'I had a reasonable sleep, the baby was up most of the night, but that's Richard's responsibility when I have work." She laughed, and Officer Gaskins laughed along with her.