Prologue

22 May, 2015

Kalani POV

"You already know how I feel about you."

"Yeah I know,  but it makes me feel better when you say it."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him. Our hands intertwined and I took this moment to admire his looks. His dark brown eyes seemed to warm my heart every time I'd stared in them. His smile always made me smile. He has the goofiest personality but even though he irritates the hell outta my soul, I still love him. We got that young love that'll never die.

"I love you Kalani Sheree Adams.", He laughed.

He grabbed my chin and pecked my lips, "To the moon and back.", He finished.

I giggled, "I love you too big head."

We continued our walk down the calm and breezy night. I like to clear my mind a lot, so taking long walks help me. Andre isn't into all this me walking alone at night, so he just tags along.

"Yo Andre !", I heard someone yell.

I turned around and saw a dude walking up to Andre.

"I'll be back."

He let go of my hand and walked over to the guy. I walked over and sat over on the bench.

Andre is a drug dealer but he only does it for fast money. He doesn't let me near any deals he makes in front of me or near his trap. Sometimes it frustrates me that he sells drugs instead of getting a regular job but it's my fault that I decided to still be with him.

Andre walked back over to me, "You good ?"

I nodded and we began walking again, "I'm sorry Kalani."

"Nah, you're okay."

He grabbed my hand, making us stop.

"I promise I'll stop."

"You always say that. I already told you it's your lifestyle. You dont have to quit because of me."

"But I want to quit because of you."

He grabbed both my hands and put his forehead on mine, "I promise."

I looked him in the eyes and nodded my head.

____

"Ready to head home ?"

I yawned, "Yeah, I'm kind of tired."

We started walking back home and I started getting this uneasy feeling. I felt like somebody was following us.

"Andre ?"

"Wassup ?"

"You dont feel like someone's watching you ?"

He shook his head, "Do you ?"

"Yeah, and I'm getting kinda weirded out by it."

He wrapped his arm over my shoulder and held me closer, "We're almost home."

That uneasy feeling was coming back to me and I was freaking out in the inside.

I turned around and saw a black, tinted malibu slowly driving near us.

I tugged on Andre's shirt, "Andre look."

"It's just your nerves baby girl."

"No Andre, look !"

He turned around and spotted the car too. He stared at it for a while then grabbed my arm.

"Kalani listen to me,", He said, picking up our walking pace, "When we reach this alley I want you to run home."

"What-"

"Keep running and don't stop to look back."

"Im not leaving you Andre."

"Kalani i'm being serious. I'm going to be okay."

We were getting closer to the alley and I turned my head to see the car speeding up.

"I love you Andre."

"I love you too baby girl."

We got to the alley and my heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach. Andre grabbed my face and kissed my lips with so much passion and aggressiveness, it left me wanted more. He pulled away, "To the moon and back.", He said.

Tears threatened to fall as I didn't know the ending to this story.

I heard tires screeching that made me jump, "Go Kalani !", He yelled at me, "Go !"

I took off down the alley and followed his instructions. I kept running home and did not look back.

I heard gun shots that stopped me in my tracks.

I then found the ending to the story.