Chapter five

Pretty again, I'll do anything to make her feel pretty again

Kalani POV

COUPLE WEEKS LATER

I walked inside my bathroom and stared in the mirror. I combed my fingers through my hair and sighed.

I need to do something with my life. I try to have a productive day, but it never goes as planned.

I was getting tired of Alex, so I went back home. My mother was trying to be all nice to me because she felt bad. I wasn't hearing none of that shit.

I walked out my room and proceeded downstairs. I saw my Mom cuddling up with this old ass man and as she glanced over at me we made eye contact. I shook my head and slammed the door closed behind me.

It was hot as hell outside, which is crazy because it felt like Antarctica yesterday.

I plugged in my headphones and continued walking down the street. I saw a couple acquaintances and I waved at them as I passed by.

I looked and saw Josh standing in his yard, with a few other boys.

I paused my music and decided to walk up to him.

"Wassup Kay ?"

"Hey Joshua."

He kissed his teeth, "Quit calling my government, you know better."

I gave him hug and gave a head nod to his friends.

Josh was Andre best friend. They did everything together, and I mean EVERYTHING. From cutting class, stealing, beating out late and other things that are too much to mention.

Josh is the closest person I have to Andre, and I made him promise me that he would play smart in these streets.

"So where you wondering off to ?", He asked.

"The corner store. You want something ?"

"Ooo, I do !", One of his friends said.

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned my attention back to Josh, "Okay, we're going to try this again. Josh.. speaking to Josh..do you want anything ?"

He chuckled, "Just bring me back a drink."

"Me too.", His friend said.

I held my hand out and he looked at me funny.

"What ?", I asked, "This trip ain't free to strangers."

He dug in his pocket and handed me a twenty.

"Bring me back a bag of chips too.", He said, "And bring me back my change."

But what he didn't say was bring back all his change.

I snatched the twenty out his hand and he bucked at me. I laughed before blasting my music through my headphones.

Finally getting to the store, I walked inside and chose what I wanted before getting the guy needs. I paid for the items and walked out the store.

I looked over and chuckled to myself as I watched the crack head repeatedly bugged this dude about washing his car.

I pressed skipped on my playlist and Lud Foe - In and Out blared in my ears.

I swung the bag around as I wrapped along with the song.

You know how im rocking nigga
Get yo guns up, Get yo funds up