[ fmab ] fate, hows it taste?

name ; Calista Marsh
age ; 16
gender ; female
sexuality ; bisexual, male preference
height ; 5'6"
weight ; 147 lbs
species ; human
nationality ; amestrian
born in ; north city, about 30 minutes away from baschool
weapon ; hand to hand combat or guns
goal ; to obtain a philosopher's stone and gain her body back

personality ; calista is noted to be a bit of a smartass from adults like roy mustang, mainly due to her lack of a filter. she's fairly blunt and insensitive when it comes to saying whatever pops up in her mind, and won't sugarcoat anything. she can come off as a jerk, as she verbalizes when she's disinterested in things or people, but to her that's what avoids the most conflict (despite how many fights her mouth has gotten her into). she doesn't trust most people at first, keeping people at a pretty large distance until she's certain she can trust people. she can be stubborn in her ways and is known to be pretty slippery, able to talk, charm, or fight her way out of situations.
backstory ; calista doesn't remember what her birth parents look like. the only thing she can recall is at the age of 5, she was pushed out of a moving vehicle and abandoned in the city, left on the snowy ground with nothing to defend herself. as a result, she grew up mainly stealing things like food and clothes to survive, and lived that way until about 8 years old; when she met her master, who happened to stumble upon her one night. he decided to take her in, however he did have an ulterior motive that calista was blissfully unaware of. he took care of her like a father would a daughter, and from the age of 8 to 12, raised her and taught her the ways of alchemy. throughout her years with him, she wondered where his family was. everytime she asked about his wife, or if he ever had any other kids, a dark look would cross his face and the topic would be quickly changed.
when she was around 12 years old, however, he decided he'd taught her all she needed in order for his goal to finally be reached. he finally revealed to her the thing he'd kept hidden from her all these years; his wife and son had died due to a sudden sickness that had swept them about a year before he took her in. his goal was to get her to perform human transmutation for him under the false pretense that he wasn't capable of doing it. the real reason he trained her was because he simply didn't want to deal with the price of it, and as a result, coerced her into doing it.
unfortunately, calista saw this man like a father and decided to go through with it, unaware it would take something from her. because she attempted to transmute both his wife and son in one go, the backlash of the failed transmutation was her left arm and one of her kidneys. coughing blood and weak from blood loss, she begged for help from her father figure, and as she watched him reach for her, part of her had hope he would help and care for her like he had in the past. instead, he simply reached past her and to the failed transmutations she'd created, wishing them one final apology before leaving her to bleed out in the house he had raised her in. deciding she wouldn't die there, however, she forced herself to crawl over to the phone he had and call for assistance from the police before promptly passing out.
when she had awoke, she was in the hospital and questioned by police as to what had happened. she had been fitted with automail from briggs, and seeing no other option after having lost her home once more and having no way to pay for herself, became a briggs soldier. after taking 8 months to get used to her automail, now 13 years old, she trained under olivier armstrong and captain bucaneer in order to advance her combat and use of alchemy. she tries to keep the fact that she can transmute without a circle hidden, due to questioning from people on why/how she committed the taboo. olivier relieves her from her duties temporarily when she's about 15 to allow calista to search for a way to restore her body. she meets edward, alphonse and ling in rush valley due to being curious as to what caused such a huge commotion in the peaceful city she was visiting for more information.

notable information ; the outfit she wears properly covers both arms to her wrist, however she does put a glove over her left hand to conceal the auto mail. her eyes notably don't have any shine in them.
likes ; painting, taking care of animals, candles
dislikes ; excessive sunlight, fizzy drinks, snakes
family ; mom and dad, but no idea where they are
friends ; edward elric, alphonse elric, ling yao
love interest ; ling yao

likes ; painting, taking care of animals, candlesdislikes ; excessive sunlight, fizzy drinks, snakesfamily ; mom and dad, but no idea where they arefriends ; edward elric, alphonse elric, ling yaolove interest ; ling yao

relationships ;

olivier armstrong - it took calista a long time to fully trust olivier. worried she would be used and betrayed again, the young girl often ignored or rebelled against the other woman, much to olivier's frustration. it took a while, but eventually calista developed trust and respect for the woman, and tended to seek her out for advice.

edward elric - the two both have firey personalities, but on opposite ends. calista focuses more on verbal attacks while edward is definitely more physical, so the two make a pretty interesting combo. they argue a lot sometimes, however, since calista is adament on getting the philosopher's stone even after finding the truth of it. she becomes a trusted companion for ed, and the two become pretty fast friends.

ling yao - initially finding him to be a troublemaker, calista tried her best to keep her distance from ling. however his incessant prodding and his charm eventually cracked her barrier, and she developed romantic feelings for him. she unfortunately was witness to ling being injected with the philosopher's stone and was objectively horrified, worried for his life as a result of the transformation. calista and greed argue a bit, but greed would never do anything to her. she and ling eventually fall in love and confess to one another after the promised day; he takes her back to xing with him.

lan fan - the two don't get along very well. lan fan is protective of ling to an obnoxious degree in calista's eyes, and lan fan doesn't trust calista's intention. the two can be seen giving each other dirty looks, or bickering in a non-friendly way. they had one physical altercation which resulted in calista's win, but the two eventually make up right before the promised day.