Chapter 4

It had been a very intense afternoon, my head was spinning and my heart felt full of love, it was as if everything was finally okay. I never thought it possible for something like this happen to me , I f ou nd my place, my true home.

All this could seem crazy, probably the most obvious thing would have been to fled that house full of beings that feed on humans, however, it felt good, correct, as if I had always belonged there with those people, to him.

Sitting in Eloise's room while I tried to fix my hair so that my family, especially my mother, would not suspect anything strange, I could not quite assimilate that I was practically engaged to the most beautiful, warm, kind and wonderful man that I could have f ound. In spite of everything, I was extremely happy.

" May I ask you a question?" Eloise's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

" Of course " I smiled sincerely seeing her through the mirror.

" Are you really happy with all of this? I mean, it's not that I'm not happy that you're going to be part of my family, I'm eager for you to finally become my sister " she bit her lip as if she doubted for a moment " But, don't you f eel strange about it? about reincarnation? I mean, it's you, but it's not really you. "

" No, I know it's difficult to understand, but she and I, well, we are the same person, it could be said what I have with Colin is something that not even death can end " I turned to face her and held her hands " It is hard to explain, but right now, with the memories in my head, it's like my life has only stopped for a moment and now it's going on as it should have been. It's like nothing made sense until Colin came into my life and everything took its rightful place. "

I felt my cheeks blush as I remembered that kiss in her room, my first kiss, even though it didn't feel like that at all.

" Everything is so new and at the same time familiar , any other person may have already fled, but I feel at home and whatever happens, I want to be here, with him and with you. "

"We want the same" she hugged me tightly "I never saw my brother so happy as in these weeks, I can't wait for you to make it official."

"Me neither," I smiled at h er .

Shortly after I was on my way home arm in arm with Colin, I felt light and calm, as if nothing could hurt me and all was well in the world.

"Tomorrow I will come in the morning to talk to your mother" Colin told me as we arrived at what would soon cease to be my home "I will ask permission to court you , although I warn you that it will be for a short time, I will ask for your hand in marriage as soon as possible, I want you to be my wife already ."

We arrived at the entrance of the house, he took my hand and kissed it.

"I can't wait for tomorrow," I smiled at him without caring who was looking I caressed his cheek, "and I can't wait to be your wife either."

He leaned close to my face with shining eyes and whispered.

" I can't wait either" he gave me a mischievous smile " Tonight, don't close your window."

H e backed away as if nothing had happened, kissed my hand and waited, stunned as I was, for me to enter my house. The butler opened the door and greeted me while I was still in another world, I sighed while smiling and went up to my bedroom to get ready for dinner.

As I sat in front of the dresser recalling his words over and over in my mind, my mother's voice pulled me out of my reverie.

" And? "