Chapter 5

Fate could not be this cruel, to lose her twice, in the same way. What sin had s he committed?  Why her ? My mind was filled with questions and I could not find answers, I was overwhelmed.

"Is it possible to transform her?" I heard Anthony ask.

" It could be done, but we need to know what kind of poison she ha d taken, otherwise it will only result in two deaths" Danbury must have seen the confusion on my face because s he added " You are immortal, not indestructible, there are poisons that , al though rare, can kill you."

"How could we know?" I asked anxiously.

" I can help with that. "

We all turned to the entrance of the room where the familiar figure of a woman was located.

" I couldn ' t arrive at the wedding, but I believe that I arrived at the precise moment. "

"Hyacinth ... "

"Colin, this is the cup where she drank the poison, it has an odor impossible for a human to detect" She handed the cup to Danbury "it was fortunate that nobody cared to clean her room when she went to church."

" But how did you know? " I asked surprised.

Hyacinth and Gregory were my younger siblings in appearance, but they had been vampires for many years now;  like me, they found peace in this family, although Hyacinth was very curious and was always looking for treasure, even working as a bounty hunter with Gareth, her partner.

"I'll tell you in a moment, it looks like Danbury discovered something."

"That's right" she turned to Violet "That son-in-law of yours, does he have his greenhouse in the house?"

"Phillip?" She calls him and in less than a second he and Eloise are in the room.

"How is she doing ? "  Eloise asked worriedly.

" She'll die if we don't hurry," Danbury answered very seriously  " I need some plants to help her. "

" Of course let's go. "

"I'm going with you" Eloise, who close to the bed, walked away to accompany them "I can help you."

They rushed out along with the others, only Hyacinth and my mother remained, while I returned to my place next to Penelope. There was a hope, I just hoped we had it in time. But before I was lost in thought, I remembered that Hyacinth had something to tell.

"Can you tell me how you found out about the poison?"

Hyacinth smiled , that mischievous smile she always had.

" Well, Gareth and I were on our way to the wedding... "

" Where's Gareth? " Asked my mother.

"Downstairs, probably being scolded by Danbury" she smiled maliciously "he didn ' t want to go up because he knew that his grandmother would scold him, I told him we should have visited her for a few months" she rolled her eyes in exasperation.

" Well, they told us about some hidden diamonds in the house of a baron, and I could not resist taking a look before the wedding, but while we were walking I mana ged to hear the cry of a woman" suddenly she became serious " she assured that he had done the work and that surely his mistress would be dead by that time. "

She started pacing the room weighing what s he would say next.

"I wouldn't care much about that, until I heard a familiar voice saying your name that I stopped, I pushed Gareth to hide us and confirm that he was who he believed" she looked into my eyes seriously "I discovered that it was Cressida who was speaking."